Volume Knob

Participant count
  • Participants list

sid3

CarAudio.com Newbie
I need a volume knob. I intend to install a new head unit with navigation, but the thing that I don't like about all the new SWDR ( Software Defined Radio ) is that they do not have a volume knobs. Just buttons to push.

Several vendors manufacture volume knobs for PC(s) and MAC(s) that are USB and plug and play. Is there something like this available for head units that are built on top of Android systems ?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Sid.

I need a volume knob. I intend to install a new head unit with navigation, but the thing that I don't like about all the new SWDR ( Software Defined Radio ) is that they do not have a volume knobs. Just buttons to push.

Several vendors manufacture volume knobs for PC(s) and MAC(s) that are USB and plug and play. Is there something like this available for head units that are built on top of Android systems ?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Sid.
Will you be using an amp?

I hate having to hunt for a push button to change the volume. From what I have read, so do alot of other people.

If you're going to get a new head unit, buy one with a volume knob.
For the stock radio, if you were using an amp for the speakers, you could use an RCA level controller after the LOC.

Are there any decent brands out there still using volume knobs? Were it not for steering wheel controls, I may have kept my stock head unit as I HATE reaching and searching for the dinky volume control buttons or touchscreen icons...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...