Volume Knob

sid3

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 26, 2021
I need a volume knob. I intend to install a new head unit with navigation, but the thing that I don't like about all the new SWDR ( Software Defined Radio ) is that they do not have a volume knobs. Just buttons to push.

Several vendors manufacture volume knobs for PC(s) and MAC(s) that are USB and plug and play. Is there something like this available for head units that are built on top of Android systems ?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Sid.

RobGMN

CarAudio.com Elite
Jul 1, 2021
MN
I need a volume knob. I intend to install a new head unit with navigation, but the thing that I don't like about all the new SWDR ( Software Defined Radio ) is that they do not have a volume knobs. Just buttons to push.

Several vendors manufacture volume knobs for PC(s) and MAC(s) that are USB and plug and play. Is there something like this available for head units that are built on top of Android systems ?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Sid.
Will you be using an amp?

Slo_Ride

Regulator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Then why do you need a volume knob?

• Haha
Reactions: RobGMN

sid3

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 26, 2021
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hate having to hunt for a push button to change the volume. From what I have read, so do alot of other people.

RobGMN

CarAudio.com Elite
Jul 1, 2021
MN
Are there any decent brands out there still using volume knobs? Were it not for steering wheel controls, I may have kept my stock head unit as I HATE reaching and searching for the dinky volume control buttons or touchscreen icons...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds