Question about wiring harness

Participant count
  • Participant list

LucaBrasiMN

CarAudio.com Recruit
I am looking to upgrade my deck. I have a double din Pioneer that is 9 years old and I am looking to get a Kenwood double din to take its spot. Would the harness that I have now work with the new unit? I don't think I'll need a new mount kit and I don't care about or use steering wheel volume controls.
Was hoping to go through Best Buy as they offer "free installation" with some fine print that the steering wheel module is $160...

Would the harness that I have now work with the new unit?
If this harness is the one that plugs into the OEM radio harness and splices into the Pioneer harness then the answer is yes. You just clip it off the Pioneer harness and splice it into the Kenwood harness.

Was hoping to go through Best Buy as they offer "free installation" with some fine print that the steering wheel module is $160...
Watch out for that fine print. Best Buy is known to raise the cost for all the extra gear needed for the install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...