voltage

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
its that time of year again where the temp starts to drop and the voltage at my distro block does the opposite. anyone else up in the northland and notice that their voltage has been better at higher amperage draws? I know that there is a science to this phenomenon, but it just got me curious who else has has this same thing happen

From what I can gather, a battery performs best at room temperature. When you deviate from that, performance is affected. Different battery chemistries react differently but generally speaking cold temperatures increase internal resistance which lowers capacity (struggling sound the car makes when you start it mid January in 0 deg temps. Hot temperatures lower resistance but lead to a shorter battery life. Basically batteries perform best at temps that are comfortable to humans. (60-80 deg F)

Hell yeah, y'all scienced the **** outta that.
enhanced-buzz-10623-1445969858-7.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.