VOLTAGE ?? Search 4 head unit!- single dimm- THAT EMPOWERS AMPS 2 wrk best

danz400
10+ year member

I'M SURE MANY PEOPLE ARE IN THIS BOAT, LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT DECK TO POWER THEIR OTHER INVESTMENTS! (amps, subs, speakers.. [& ipod])

In search of a $200 to $400 receiver with the BEST audio quality possible. no dvd stuff, no screen ~ just audio quality with decent iphone+ ipod interface.

I have a Jeep Cherokee 96'.

My system:

3- 12" TMA's powered by diamond 600.1

JL A6450 (6 channel amp) 2 TMA rear roof speakers, 2 alpine R type door speakers, 4 5x7s diamond (d372i) in a sealed box

I'm looking for a head unit that will give my amps the best signal.

Which brand and model will deliver the best quality of sound including the following specs.

The requirements:

> Lossless (or as close to) processing. Digital to analog conversion. (How is that specified in the details btw? or.. and how do you interpret it?)

> 3 aux line level outputs (front, rear & sub *although* 4 would be awesome to control extra speaker like the box of 5x7's - not necessary though)

*special note: how crucial is voltage? pioneer offers 4V on all their new decks top of the line decks, jvc offers 5V on their KD-R900 top of the line deck, Eclipse boasts a 8V on the CD7200mkII. Alpine with the lowest for their top unit 2V (model iDA-X305)

~when do the numbers become, may i say, gimmicky? OR is it a feature that will enhance signal with each gain?

>A decent equalizer.

~ Pioneer has 7 band for their top 2 units. something like that is great.

> usb interface (on face or back)

* special note, dual interface. so that the ipod does NOT HAVE to be controlled by the deck.. which owners of the first generation ipod controlled alpine decks know is a nightmare.

>bluetooth use for the phone, with some sort of microphone.

~ the "parrot" brand seems to keep coming up.. seems good. second opinions?

>an extra aux input to connect a laptop (for movies)

----

That's the story!

If you are very familiar with the market and what deck might offer these things please let me know! My budget though it should be tight is flexible on account that the rest of the system relies on the receiver to process things right from the get-go.

Thanks~

Last edited by a moderator:
haha truth indeed, it is more of a boom box than a sound studio. Though I am trying to sort out which deck will send the clearest signal to my amps.

The "roof speakers" are just the stock location! jeep cherokees don't have rear door speakers. & the alpines are left overs, they're soon being replaced by jl's.

Ya I'm definitely aware people have WAY better components than I ! It's just tough to choose which deck is gonna run the show!

I studied, read and watched countless shaky youtube videos (many of them great)

here's what I came up with:

JVC KD-R900

JVC KD-R900 (kdr900) All In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

AND

Kenwood KDC-X99

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 (kdcx993) All In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

But I can't choose which..

here's the Pro's and Con's that I know of so far.

Pros: both have the stuff listed in the original post..

Kenwood has 5 EQ control

JVC only 3 EQ

JVC has two way ipod/iphone control

Kenwood not sure...

JVC 5V line out

Kenwood 4V line out

Kenwood better remote

JVC more compact remote

Questions I still have:

which has a better:

interface?

blutooth (in this case I think kenwood with the "parrot")

ipod/iphone control (probably JVC with the 2 way but i think kenwood allows it as well)

If eclipse was still in business I would go with that. cd3200 Has 5V output (yes voltage is important), plenty of bandwidths, ipod interface, bluetooth, 4 rca preouts, etc

If eclipse was still in business I would go with that. cd3200 Has 5V output (yes voltage is important), plenty of bandwidths, ipod interface, bluetooth, 4 rca preouts, etc
I like what I've seen and read about the eclipse decks..

I'm looking at

the CD5030

any thoughts? I think they can still be bought on some sites..

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.