In the market for a DVD HU. opinions?

sickskillz14
10+ year member

k20z3
a
So i'm looking to kick off my build by getting a head unit. I originally was planning on purchasing a regular head unit, but to be able to use an aftermarket stereo in my car (2007 Honda Civic Si 4 door), but you need to use a double-din style dash that sits into the dashboard.

Here's a pic:

255324.jpg

I wanted to get a head unit like the one in that picture, but i've moved more towards a dvd head unit to take up the whole area so it doesn't look bad. Originally I was thinking the Pioneer 4100DVD unit, but got to thinking that the area I live in isn't too well of an area, and would rather not have a screen taking up that whole part of the dash.

I currently am looking at the other Pioneer units like the 5100DVD and the 5200DVD that is coming out soon. Would anyone be able to give any opinions on the 5100DVD or any other head units that are similar?

I'm still considering using something like the 4100DVD and having the full screen on the dash, but would prefer something that would pop out and can conceal the screen and look like a regular old stereo when the car is sitting at night.

Any suggestions? I'm open to any brand since I know pioneer is not one of the best in the industry, just don't know too much about companies when it comes to head units.

I got my dvd HU stolen the other day....a tip my mom does with both her cars is those windsheild sun blockers instead of putting that on the windshield she stretches it out across the dash so u cant see anything in the center console. its not a viper alarm but it follows the rule of thumb out of sight out of mind for dirty theives

**** sorry to hear that.... Yea I was just planning to get tints on my car so it's harder to see what I have on the inside like you said.. That's the reason I didn't want to go with the full dvd screen in the dash, because you never know who's gonna want to look into your car to see what you got.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.