voltage problems

Falcons
5,000+ posts

that **** i dont like
i just did the big three. it was a success. however, when i turned on my car, my voltage is all messed up. First, here are the pics of the big three, tell me what you think:

BigThree1.jpg

BigThree2.jpg

falcons03079313

Now to the voltage...When i start my car, the rpm's run real low and the car sounds like its gonna bog out and die. the voltage gets as high as 14.5 when i am driving, and drops as low as 13.2. Its wierd. The alt isnt bad because i tested it out with a dmm. the rpms also idles up to 2000 and as low as 400, what is up with this? here is a vid. This isnt even as bad as usual:

[video=youtube;pl_-DM43q0s]

did you completely replace the factory ground and alternator power? some cars require the stock ones to be on regardless due to sensors and what not.

ive dealt with this however too.

my ground is a bolt with a screw top, with a nut on the bottom side of the chassis. The ground to the alt casing (used for the engine block ground). If the gorund on the alt casing and the power from the alt are crossed could that cause this?

i just checked my voltages. are all good. 12.6 batt when off.

charges to 14.14 and its close to 95 degrees out.

so not bad.

im not sure.

try recconecting the stock alt power and the alt to bat wire. see if it helps.

idk if thats an issue. mine looks like this though.View attachment 26526383View attachment 26526384

cant see the engine ground, for its practically under the left hand side of the engine. the Batt to ground is roughly 3 inches. lulz.

and the alt pos, is maybe 4 feet. no problems what so ever.

ironically my Intake had a random mount plate on it, so thats where the fuse is.

the extra wire is just the engine groundd as a reference of how pathetic the factory is. i took it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.