Voltage problems and other problems

Austin175
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am having a problem when i come to a stop or slow down to turn my jeep bogs down like it's gonna die an the voltage gets real low an I have alt or belt wine but when I give it gas it goes right back up. I don't have to be bumpin for this to happen it happens weather I am bumping or not.

Then when I'm bumpin I can go to vol 24 when my full tilt is 26-27 with out it cutting off but anything higher then 24 it will like instantly drop voltage an shut my stereo an everythin off an have alt or belt wine as well.

Anyone have an idea I was thinking my belt might be to small or my alt might be going bad?

I know that's why I am asking to see if anyone here would know any possible reasons to why my stereo problem is probably cause I'm still upgrading my electrical but this more for the first problem as I don't know anything when it comes to mechanic stuff.

Get a Digital Multimeter and check your battery voltage with the car off. If it's 12.6-12.8 that is a good "resting" state for the battery. So if that's good check the alternator while it's running. Positive to the alternator post and negative to a ground. See if your alternator is putting out between 13.8-14.4 volts. start with that and we can move on from there.

Putting a DMM to a battery is worthless. If it is suspect you need to take it to a part's store and have it load tested. Odds are your battery is dying/dead and your alternator is right behind it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.