Voltage problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bigkip33

CarAudio.com Newbie
So recently my voltage has been dropping to 12.6 and it stays there until I stop. When I start the car up and for the first bit driving the voltage stays from 14.5 to 14.2. But it always just drops to 12.6 out of nowhere whether I have music on or not and stays there. I have a battery in the back, big 3 in the front, stock alt and stock battery under the hood. Any help is appreciated.

It’s a 2012 Honda accord coupe, 3.5L version

Iirc you can bypass Hondas voltage control. Granted I'm not sure how myself.

Check keep_hope_alive's build log on his 2014 accord I believe he covered the pcm bypass there. I don't remember if he did or not as that build log is rather old but I know he did the bypass on his car

Check keep_hope_alive's build log on his 2014 accord I believe he covered the pcm bypass there. I don't remember if he did or not as that build log is rather old but I know he did the bypass on his car
[/QUOTE
Is there a possibility it could be an alternator/battery problem? Because it hasn’t done this until recently and the electrical used to stay at a consistent 14+ with no problems at all.

What he said....

Is this a new issue? Or has it always done this?
It hasn’t always done this. Some days I don’t notice it because I don’t usually drive for longer periods of time. But just recently is when I’ve noticed that the voltage would actually drop and stay at 12.6, completely out of no where. It just scares me that it drops even without music being played. This might have nothing to do with it but I also noticed that sometimes if I have the AC on the voltage will be normal then when I turn AC off it’ll drop. You’d think it would be the other way around but I kid you not it does this occasionally.

It hasn’t always done this. Some days I don’t notice it because I don’t usually drive for longer periods of time. But just recently is when I’ve noticed that the voltage would actually drop and stay at 12.6, completely out of no where. It just scares me that it drops even without music being played. This might have nothing to do with it but I also noticed that sometimes if I have the AC on the voltage will be normal then when I turn AC off it’ll drop. You’d think it would be the other way around but I kid you not it does this occasionally.
I was thinking, maybe if this issue hasn't happened in 4 years, then all of a sudden this year it started, maybe the battery or alternator was going out, but I agree with the others. The way you explain it, it sounds to me like that Honda voltage management thing. That's the way the car was designed to work unfortunately to save that tenth of a gallon of gas.

I was thinking, maybe if this issue hasn't happened in 4 years, then all of a sudden this year it started, maybe the battery or alternator was going out, but I agree with the others. The way you explain it, it sounds to me like that Honda voltage management thing. That's the way the car was designed to work unfortunately to save that tenth of a gallon of gas.
Got ya, thanks for the help.

ELD BYPASS Thats the search you need to look for. I did it to y CRV/99 Model. It wasnt that hard to do, but You had to be patient. I had the information Step By Step Saved in my Messages, until the changes were made on here and its been lost!!

It's a Honda, that's how the charging system is designed to work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...