voltage going below 11 volts

Participant count
  • Participant list
anything below 12v is dangerour for the battery..............AND you amp. The amp will heat up much quick since its not running nearly as efficently as it's ment to. As a result you may go into thermal protect. Depending on how hard you play it the signal might start clipping, and then you may blow your sub.

until you get an HO alty or a new battery (get the alty first) watch that voltage, and keep you rpm's up. never bump hard with your engine idling.

what guage wire are you running? before I knew anything I was running my setup off 8ga power and ground, about 15ft runs of it right to the batt(didn't know anything about grounds). Voltmeter showed a drop from 14 to 11 or 12 on hard hits.

Replaced it with the big 3, 0ga to the distro, and 4ga to the amp. No more voltage drop, maybe .2 volts rarely. So, done any of these mods? Big 3, then a thicker power, THEN i'd go to a new batt. Unless you're running 1/0 already. Just my .02

what guage wire are you running? before I knew anything I was running my setup off 8ga power and ground, about 15ft runs of it right to the batt(didn't know anything about grounds). Voltmeter showed a drop from 14 to 11 or 12 on hard hits.
Replaced it with the big 3, 0ga to the distro, and 4ga to the amp. No more voltage drop, maybe .2 volts rarely. So, done any of these mods? Big 3, then a thicker power, THEN i'd go to a new batt. Unless you're running 1/0 already. Just my .02
I haven't made any changes yet. It's all still factory. I still have to buy a new alty and two new batteries. I'm also running a 4ga wire. I turned down the gain a bit, and now it stays over 11 volts. I do have to turn off my air condition though if I bass out... lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

Thanks for all that replied, ya all helped me out a lot.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.