voltage drops.. when does it get dangerous? (perminently)

yeah i looked into mechman alts.

what would make the bigger difference? batt or alt?

but i was trying to avoid a new alt, 4 batts ect lol

thats why i wanted to keep it around 1k ish watts. new batt up front, was a definite, second big batt in the back, i would probably do to be safe, but much more than that, and i would have goine with a 3k watt amp and done some big **** lol

then just one new batt should be good, if you have the big three you should get a 200 amp alt. if you already dont seeing you got a truck
Dont listen to whatever this guy says...He suggested a cap, need I say more?

flux_capacitor.gif

It all depends on the amp.

zenon board amps can run down to pretty low voltage.

When GalacticMonkey had his 6 3000d's in his van he would drop down into the 10's the amps would hit thermal protect for a second but after they cooled off they would be 100% good.

I run my D9 at 1ohm and drop down to around 11.6 at full tilt.

I can beat on it all day long it will get warm and thats about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Once you get below 10V with the sundown amps you'll run into protection issues. I've accidentally ran mine down to 9.7V before going into protect...disconnected power cable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.