voltage drops.. when does it get dangerous? (perminently)

While we are on the subject...

Could a stock alt handle 2.2krms?

Also could 1 battery handle that? Along with just 5 gauge power wire.

word yeah it definitely didn't drop that low, im guess no less than 13 or mid 12's. yeah i have a 1 farad cap but im not pushing 1k watts. if anything just .5- .65k watts. (with mids and highs added.
i thought caps were do do lol and ppl hated them

yeah i plan on gettin a powermaster d3400 (fits my truck) in the front, and probably another in the back. (if i need it)

and big 3 is already done
Dash volt meters are very slow to respond and not accurate when talking 1-2 volt increments.

I'd put a dmm on it and see what is really going on instead of just guessing.

Different brands will react differently to voltage drops.

Caps are good for smoothing out a good voltage they will not give you what you dont have.

k i see, so its not a terrible idea (won't hurt or hinder) to put that cap back in?

yeah i really just want to replace the batt under the hood, and put something in the back next to my amps. and if i still need to, get a new alt, so there will be absolutely no worries.

While we are on the subject...
Could a stock alt handle 2.2krms?

Also could 1 battery handle that? Along with just 5 gauge power wire.
no. A stock alt can handle around 1,000 rms and that's about it. Anything more than that you will see voltage drops below 12 easily. Even with caps most likely.

lol agreed

i still have no idea if im ok for now?

i mean my saz 2000d... @ 4 ohms, pushin less that 500watts and a 60x4 channel is makin my volt drop and lights dim pretty significantly.

but then i read ppl saying they push 1k.

so batteries.

how about the powermasters?

could i throw a d3100 in the back and b ok? or do i have to match the batts exactly?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.