voltage drop from front to back

It's usually a REALLY high resistance ground...

Even with a couple cells bad on the back batt, it really doesn't matter. In a parallel circuit the voltage stays constant throughout. This means that there has to be high resistance in series with the back batt.... which is usually caused by a bad ground.

Check/change your fuses in the power line, check grounds, pull back battery out of the system measure its voltage. If it is low charge it then load test it.

I have seen this happen with a bad fuse gets power just not enough to do anything check grounds like audiolife said also don't use the alt to charge the back batt up if it is at 9 volt take it out and charge on a charger if not you could fry your alt

I have seen this happen with a bad fuse gets power just not enough to do anything check grounds like audiolife said also don't use the alt to charge the back batt up if it is at 9 volt take it out and charge on a charger if not you could fry your alt

A low charged sulphated battery could fry your alt or the alt could make the battery vent or swell or worse.

my first thought is the fuse is toast... its just not getting any juice to the back and that thing has slowly been discharging... but if you are running the z1 off the back batt alone and its that low I'd be hard pressed to see it not going up in smoke.

How do you know if a fuse is bad? I have a 250anl I suspect it could be a problem but it looks fine. Sorry to thread jack.

A low charged sulphated battery could fry your alt or the alt could make the battery vent or swell or worse.
While those statements are true and it should be checked to prevent problems in the future, the alt cannot be the problem right now as the voltage at the front is 14v.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.