Voltage drop at amp.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Azoth428

CarAudio.com Recruit
FL
Ok just got my system set up. Got a taramp bass 3k. Found a really good ground under the seat. Did a clamp test and getting 50 volts and 12 amps which is about 600 watts and at this point its clipping.... measured the amp voltage at inputs and getting 12v exactly. Getting 13.9 at the battery. Haven't done the big three but plan to. What could be the issue here? Is my power cable bad? I am trying to run at 1200 watts on dual 2 ohm subs.

Ok I will do that tomorrow and post the results. I know I'm being cheap but I'm using a wire kit from walmart and I wonder if this is the issue here?

Also my battery terminal has a 150 amp fuse on it. Pictures attached.

Attachments

• 20210315_213845.jpg
    20210315_213845.jpg
    813.4 KB · Views: 68
So I would not want to install my amp wire on that or are you saying it shouldn't have any negative effect on it?

It does nothing for your amps power wire it's not even connected to the fuse. That fuse is for the oem wiring going to the fuse box.

Does your power wire not have the 80 amp included fuse inline?

But doesnt really matter. That wire should be pulled out ASAP.

I recommend this kit.

Screenshot 2021-03-15 220433.jpg

It does nothing for your amps power wire it's not even connected to the fuse. That fuse is for the oem wiring going to the fuse box.

Does your power wire not have the 80 amp included fuse inline?

But doesnt really matter. That wire should be pulled out ASAP.

I recommend this kit.
[/URL]

View attachment 27356
Ok for sure I'll yank it out and I'm gonna go get a 0 Guage kit from my local store. Seriously don't know what I would do without you guys. Thanks! You ROCK!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.