Volfenhag Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChiefontheDitty
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I two volfenhag 12's and I need an amp for them and a box, if anyone has any suggestions on what would work let me know. I dont want to spend to much, just for daily use, nothing special. I plan on upgrading once I get some more money but still nothing big and fancy. I was looking at the audiopipe eyecandy subs, but I still dont have any clue about amps and boxes. If you have any suggestion let me know thanks, Chief

what ones? and what voice coil config?

if its dual 4 ohm, i can name a few good 2 channels that will give 200w per channel for under $100

but all the equipment youve mentioned is garbage. look around the forums for whats recommended.

Audiopipe is garbage, didnt know that I thought that was high end stuff. Yeah I looked around for what everyone seems to like and it is alot of those XXX's and Vipers. I think thats a little to hardcore for me but dont really know. The subs said dual voice coil, 500 watt rms, 1000 watt max, and in the connection diagrams for dual voice coil is shows it can do 2 ohm, 8 ohm, dual 4ohm, and 4 ohm. If that helps any let me know. Or would it be better to buy a JBL 12 and 600 watt Concept, or two 12 Fosgate PLATINUM series subs with box, and kenwood excelon amp 1600 watt. I want to buy a good quality amp that will last for a while, then when i get more money upgrade the subs to better ones. Chief

Youd be better off with that JBL/Concept package you mentioned in another thread, or the fosgate/kenwood package. Get one of those, sell the volfengags to someone locally.

Yeah, I think I am just going to buy one of those packages, I thought I could just use one of those amps hooked up to the volfenhags and when they die buy better ones and keep the amp, would that work. Chief

brutus bx1000d and soundsplinter rl-p 12 will run you about 500 shipped. If you want two 12's, the type-r's will way outperform the volfies. Trust me, kids at my high school used to have them, they **** and don't last very long.

Yep fell in that same hole, bought some volfenhags and they are terrible, save your money like no 2morrow! They were fine for my first setup but wow upgrade fast and you will love driving a lot more!

p.s. bad idea bringing up the volfenhags! they ripped me apart here for tryin to sell em here!

Well, both of the packages have subs with them, right? So why not just put the better subs (which would be either the jbl or rockfords) in, and sell the voflenhags? Im sure you could find someone to buy them. That way youll have a better setup from day one, and some spending money from the other subs.

Volfenhag subs are the greatest in the world!!!

Why if I was an ALIEN I would travel to EARTH just for these BABIES!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Volfenhag subs are the greatest in the world!!!
Why if I was an ALIEN I would travel to EARTH just for these BABIES!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hey, chief, looks like you found a buyer!!!!!!!!!!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Find a high school kid, feed him the same bs you were fed (when you were told they are top of the line), and then have a nice steak dinner.

Yeah, I think there is a guy already wanting to buy them. We hooked one of them up in his car,he has a 12" sony xplod and it seemed like the volfenhag rattled more stuff in his car. He has an old beat up saturn. Chief

wow. that makes it way better! the more **** it rattles, the better!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif

dont waste your money. the amp and the subs you named are garbage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.