Voice Coil wire broke off MB quart 6.5

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vin_C

For the first time, my power window snagged the speaker cable and yanked the negative terminal off my PSD 216. The terminal and the short little wire connected to the terminal came apart from the little strand of wiring(which im guessing is the voice coil wire). Obvious enough, my speaker has no power what so ever. I'm trying to see if I can connect it back together. But i did a power test(2 wires with a probe, light bulb, and a 9v battery) on the GOOD speaker and the bulb lights up. Then of course there was no light on the bad speaker. Then I put the one end of the tester on the positive terminal, the probe side to the little voice coil wire and no light. I also tried this on the GOOD speaker and still no light. The light stays on in the good speaker when I probe the thicker guage wire, then it turns off when I start touching the single strand voice coil wire.

I'm obviously not an electrician or know a great deal about speakers but can I ask why the light doesn't come on when I contact the single strand wire, but comes back on whenever I touch the thicker gauge wire. Can I still fix these speakers, do I need a special type of soder? Or have them fixed?

I don't know if i can return these to MB quart because they are 1 year old and I bought these used from a kid 3 states away

Anyone have solutions? Thanks in advance

Vin

vc wire? I usually call them tinsels. Just solder them back and you're good to go. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.