what type of box?

I would deff go with a bandpass cuz it'll make them sound the loudest and hit the hardest. I have 2 JL 10'a in a triple enclosure bandpass box in my old car and they hit hard and sound great with rap.

Ya, w3 don't need much power. Bandpass is prolly loudest, kinda boomy. Ported boxes are almost as loud, and put out some clean sounding low bass. Sealed boxes have flat response, tight sounding, but not play as low or as loud as the other two.

If by lower you mean 30-50 hz, then yes. Once you get below that, basically below the tuning frquency of most enclosures, the output of the ported enclosure drops rapidly and at very low frequencies, the sealed box is louder as the ported box is no longer producing usable output.

Yeah i say go ported box tuned to 32hz or higher around 30-40hz is mad for rap tracks, dont get a bandpass box, don't know why everyone is sayin that, haven't you heard they ain't that great boy.. they only look good.

And yes that amp will drive those subs pretty alright. Just make sure box is made or get one that is tuned right, and all should be wicked! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.