Need help with Triple voice coil subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jmerkel19

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have 2 12” Memphis M7 subs they are 1 ohm or 2 ohm compatible you can change to whichever u want. I have them hook up in parallel to a mono block skar 1200 watt amp and they are hardly even moving. I put other subs in and they work fine so the only thing I can think of is I have them wired wrong or I have the setting on the subs wrong I can not find anything online on how to correctly wire up triple voice coil subs Memphis doesn’t even have anything. If anyone else has these subs or may know what to do I would really appreciate it I’ll put a link to the sub in case I didn’t do a good job describing it. Thank you

they are 1 ohm or 2
On the side that has 2 terminals, you connect the amp. On the side that has 4 terminals, you use jumpers to select what resistance you want to use. Use 2 jumpers for 1 Ohm, OR, 1 jumper for 2 Ohms.
Edit: Does one coil stay internally disconnected regardless of the chosen resistance???

Last edited:
On the side that has 2 terminals, you connect the amp. On the side that has 4 terminals, you use jumpers to select what resistance you want to use. Use 2 jumpers for 1 Ohm, OR, 1 jumper for 2 Ohms.
Edit: Does one coil stay internally disconnected regardless of the chosen resistance???

Alright that is what I thought I am not sure what the problem is maybe the amp. What do you mean by does it stay internally disconnected when I set them to one ohm and put the speakers in parallel it comea out to one ohm and I only use one set of speaker wire to the amp from the sub? Not sure if that is what u mean..
Thank you for the response also

I don't think that subwoofer has 3 coils. The 4 terminals on the side are just for being able to select either 1 ohm or 2 ohm, then you just use the 2 terminals on the side to the amp. The w6's have kind of the same deal, then you just use 1 set of terminals positive and negative

I don't think that subwoofer has 3 coils. The 4 terminals on the side are just for being able to select either 1 ohm or 2 ohm, then you just use the 2 terminals on the side to the amp. The w6's have kind of the same deal, then you just use 1 set of terminals positive and negative
Thing is that the website claims triple voice coils. Makes me wonder if you can wire 1 Ohm+1 Ohm+ 1 Ohm on the opposite side, for a 0.3 Ohms load. I could not find a manual to scrutinize.

Thing is that the website claims triple voice coils. Makes me wonder if you can wire 1 Ohm+1 Ohm+ 1 Ohm on the opposite side, for a 0.3 Ohms load. I could not find a manual to scrutinize.
What website? I checked the Memphis site, I could find where it says 3 voice coils. I also couldn't find a manual either. That was the first thing I looked for lol.
Have you seen how to setup a w6? Is very similar. I can take a picture of it if you want. I have 4 in my garage🤣

My bad; not website but Crutchfield and other seller's subwoofer specifications.
Look it up in eBay, they all claim triple vc.
I looked at Crutchfield. Sure enough, dudes right up does say it.
I even looked on YouTube. There's only 1 review on the m7 subs, but it's terrible🤣 you can tell dude was paid and he doesn't say anything about the triple VC's. Anyway...
Why wouldn't they say anything about it on the Memphis website? That seems strange to me. If I had a unique design, I'd want to flaunt it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...