Vocals out of taramps amp

So I unplugged the 50hz . All settings on amp are off besides gain.. still hearing vocals, when I plug in 50hz crossover I hear them alot less

So I unplugged the 50hz . All settings on amp are off besides gain.. still hearing vocals, when I plug in 50hz crossover I hear them alot less
Your headunit doesn't have bass preouts that you can cut below 80/100/120hz?

edit: just looked at the hu in your sig and it definitely does. Go read the manual and ensure your subw preouts are connected to your sub amp

or are you really using your stock headunit? I'd be willing to bet the issue is the factory eq cuts the low end so much you have to turn the gain up just to get subw output and that causes it to also amplify the higher end even more so the 12db or whatever it is crossover on the taramps isnt enough to cut it.

Your headunit doesn't have bass preouts that you can cut below 80/100/120hz?

edit: just looked at the hu in your sig and it definitely does. Go read the manual and ensure your subw preouts are connected to your sub amp
Sorry bro my sig is old I'll delete it .. 2019 ram 1500 classic with 8.4 Uconnect

Sorry bro my sig is old I'll delete it .. 2019 ram 1500 classic with 8.4 Uconnect
updated my previous comment. I'm pretty confident it's your stock headunit. The curve is such that the low end is cut to save the factory speakers and when you up the gain just to get output the levels of the higher frequencies are dominant

updated my previous comment. I'm pretty confident it's your stock headunit. The curve is such that the low end is cut to save the factory speakers and when you up the gain just to get output the levels of the higher frequencies are dominant
Ya I'm not sure..it's wired with resistors from factory speaker wires.. to a LOC, resistors in black box he used.

Also will it ruin my subs playing vocals from them?

Attachments

• IMG_1329(1).jpg
    IMG_1329(1).jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 275
I messaged Sean Madison, he suggested using two of the fmod crossovers instead of 1.. my installer used a 50hz ..but I ordered a pair of 70hz ones so I guess I'll try two together?

Anyone else have any suggestions. Thanks

I read the thread twice , he replaced his amp and stereo...?
I'm not a mind reader whatre you trying to tell me ?

so you totally missed the part where the stock stereo completely inhibits your ability to produce any kind of sub bass? How a full range signal is necessary for any kind of subwoofer performance? How a stock head unit has a completely chopped up and fucked up signal that already removed all bass from it to protect the shitty stock speakers from being blown up? Guess my comments on that thread didnt catch anyone's eye.

so you totally missed the part where the stock stereo completely inhibits your ability to produce any kind of sub bass? How a full range signal is necessary for any kind of subwoofer performance? How a stock head unit has a completely chopped up and fucked up signal that already removed all bass from it to protect the shitty stock speakers from being blown up? Guess my comments on that thread didnt catch anyone's eye.
I have bass though, i get what your saying and appreciate your input, a very helpful member here suggested I switch to a Rockford fosgate dsr1 so I can keep my factory stereo, so I think im going to do that

I have bass though, i get what your saying and appreciate your input, a very helpful member here suggested I switch to a Rockford fosgate dsr1 so I can keep my factory stereo, so I think im going to do that
yeah but only 50hz same issue the op of that thread has. nothing lower than that strong as it should. why? because stock head units have built in high pass filters that makes your signal completely cut off in the lower frequencies. All the op of the other thread did was swap the head unit and finally got a full range signal and he got everything he wanted and then more. Signal is more important than anything and stock head unit signal is pretty much the worst garbage signal out there and garbage in, garbage out, doesnt matter how good your gear is, on a stock head unit with no processing just an LOC, you cannot expect anything worth while. The head unit signal IS THAT important.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.