Video Card

Participant count
  • Participant list

jellyfish420
10+ year member

i design boxes .......
STL ill side
AGP 4X/8X MUST HAVE S-video and/or RCA input, and no less than 64MB, preferably 128MB. i just got a new miniDV camcorder and i want to beable to stream this stuff onto my computer to burn it to a dvd(also upload some PRON;))

trying to stay under $100shipped.

I just have a question on why you need a whole new video card. I'm pretty sure that most minidv camcorders can stream over firewire. You can upload this video via firewire extremely quickly, and a card will cost you maybe $30. Another option would be to get a decent tv tuner card which would run $60 - $70. Or do you really just want to upgrade your video card? If so, I'm sure you can find a ti4200 w/ vivo or something similar to that for under that price range. older all in wonder cards might be in that price range.

give a look to newegg and zipzoomfly.

hmmmm. i didn't think of that. now that i think of that i got one of those IEEEsomething or other firewire ports on my motherboard. how does that work, do you have maybe a link or something...maybe a quick explination.

EDIT: i did a little looking and i don't have those ports...that was on the next model up. but something like this...http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-123-004&depa=0

if your minidv camcorder will transfer over firewire, then yeah, that card will work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

no problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I'm a techie... It's what I do. I have to set this stuff up for people all the time. And I hate seeing people get ripped off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.