video american bass 15's

Participant count
  • Participant list
What size is your box?Tuning?What amp are you running and power wiring? Stock alt?Stock battery?One battery?Big Three done?Alot can be done..It seems like those XFLs could be doing more for a pair of 15s in my opinion.I run XFL 12s in my truck (4) i just pulled out to build a wall and a pair alone Slamm pretty hard with massive dash and movement,Glass flexing..all four is pretty retarded..My tens in my Honda slamm pretty damned hard in 4 cu ft @32 htz..I feel like xfl 15s should be in a min of 8 cuft to serve justice

Tell us what your supply consist of/for the system..Size and tuning of your box..Any deadner used? ECT..Supply and demandIt takes power to make power...Subs in the correct enclosure,tuned properly taken in consideration of the vehicles air space makes all the difference.

2 HD 15's on a VFL-500'1, 320 amp mechman alt, 3 xspower d6500's, only about 50 square foot of dynamat i know i could use alot more

as far as my box goes im at 8.61 cubes before displacement tuned at 36 hz 6.5 cubes after port bracing and woofers

Sounds like you have the power to push that amp??Fine/..Looking at the vid...I see an obstruction in your port area.. thats no bueno! Whats going on with that?I think it may be your enclosure??My SQubed HDS 310s are at 4.06CuFt @32 Htz double baffel before displacement and ran off of a Matts HC 300D@2 ohms, and fused at 60 amps off of a stock 80-90 amp alt with two orileys Superstart AGM group 78s with ELD bypass and big3 with 2 ga,and I dont dip below 12.4v,and it slamms hard enough to move my wiper blades(no need for more power as my roof ripples too much and afraid to crease due to no deadner)..Subs rear port rear about 1'0 from rear.My 12s were at 2.06@32 htz ea(XFL 12s)in my truck double baffle,and needed more room to breathe(hince a wall build coming up)..I think if it were me.. Id do 4.0 per sub after displacement,and tune down to 32 htz..My Opinion for an xfl 15..and do some deadening..you are loosing alot due to not deadening..I am too in my Honda, but atm, Im getting all I can without doing it, but I know I could use more power, but sacrafice will be needed for it..Id start with the enclosure first..especially with no obstruction within that port area..Just my 2 cents..Others may state differently..But those subs are monsters,and deserve to be played to theyre potential.Ive been asked several times if Im running a pair of 15s.LOL..10s, with 1/2 rms power

Oops HD 15s, but still I wouldnt go less that 4.0 per sub..Just me..Man.. Look into rebuilding your box, and do some foaming and deadening..Try 32 htz for them..My daily?honda crv is 32 htz and my daily..Sounds great not at full tilt, and gets down when I do go full tilt,with exception of the tin noise/rippling when I do..Wasnt expecting to keep this vehicle this long, but?? oh well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.