Very first build, going for SQ tell me what you think.

ExplsvCookie257
10+ year member

Maryland
So I just graduated high school and I wanted to build my own stereo system. I had this dream of what I wanted to put in my car but never had the money. I had told several friends about it and they all ended up getting systems in their cars because they thought it was cool. I helped every single one of them, doing the full installation for the most part and recommending what they should get for the money.

Before I got into car audio and researched the $#@! out of it like I do everything I am interested in, I was into making custom lasers and potato guns, and made a couple for friends.

My system will be going in a 93 Chevy Silverado regular cab

The following is what I would like to put in this truck.

Headunit: Alpine 9887 already purchased waiting for alpine to send it to me due to the store being out of stock

Components: CDT Audio CL-61A 25 pro

Sub Woofer: Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15" or an fi q with bp option or A sundown z 15 v1 either one will be sealed

Sub amp: audioque 1200d

Speaker amp: aq 4 x 90 or a used sundown 4 channel 100rms amp

4 gauge wire for the speaker amp and 0 gauge for the subwoofer amp

Big 3 upgrade with 0 gauge

Tell me what you think I don't know what sub to pick

I will be going active since the alpine has that capability. I think I have that part figured out. The CDT components are going in custom fiberglass kick panel enclosures that I'm going to make and the sub will be in a fiber glassed box in between the seat. I'm leaning towards the ascendant audio avalanche because I heard the lows on a sealed box are amazing and it gets really loud. I have a single cab truck, so I don't want it to be overpowering only if I want it to be. Eventually I'll make a ported box somehow.

also if your going SQ consider a large class a/b amp for your sub instead of a class D.
I would think a BD class would serve that purpose better then an ab they get hot easily when ran full tilt for long periods and a high wattage ab is going to want a sh*t ton of power.

not to thread jack, but stanky why is better to pick an a/b amp for SQ?
class d's are dirty by nature of design. look at the thd specs on your favorite class d beast and then pull up a good class a/b like a old school ppi or similar quality class a/b. lets put it this way. my hifonics titan 1000 watt has a thd rating of 5% , my mtx thunder 801D has a rating of 1% , but my class a/b PPI's have a THD rating of 0.02% and it shows. with gains up or down i can pump the PPI's at full volume with virtually no distortion at all. the titan has more power than the mtx yet the mtx sounds much cleaner and much louder and with a single sub it sounds like **** compared to my PPI PC275 yet its supposed to be 100 watts more than the PPI.

Class A/B = SQ , Class D = Cheap power to easily make a lot of noise. Class d's are not bad at all but there is a big difference in sound quality when you compare a class D to a Class A/b of same power ratings.

Only drawback to using class A/B is they draw a lot more current than a Class D.

I would think a BD class would serve that purpose better then an ab they get hot easily when ran full tilt for long periods and a high wattage ab is going to want a sh*t ton of power.
you are right. but i dont know anyone who makes a B/D besides fosgate.

I can't get an ascendant audio avalanche 15" now because it got sold, so If anyone can find one or who knows some one selling one let me know I can give a paypal payment for it on friday. Also how does the sq and loudness of the sundown z15 v1 and fi q 15 compare to the avalanche and these will all be sealed. I would like to hear from people who have heard both or at least can give a good suggestion because I know either will be good I just want to know what makes them different.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ExplsvCookie257

10+ year member
ExplsvCookie257
Maryland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from