Very Confused and in need of Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

iluv2boom
10+ year member

Alabama
hi guys! I got mad last night so i took my system out, but i left the amp and its wiring in tact. today, my friend un hooked my amp and i hooked it back up and now it wont work. I dont have the RCA cables hooked up but i was trying to run it off my 6 x 9. I hooked everything back the way it was and everything.... please help.....

Also, what exactly is a head unit?

The head unit is the deck

Does the amp power up at all?? If not then u gotta check your ground and baterry wire, try grounding to a different part of the chassis. Make sure all the wires are hooked nice and tight. Also check the remote wire in the back of the head unit and at your amp. If it does power up then it is just the way your hooking your speakers or whatever up. How are you running it off your 6x9, be more specific. Like are you useing it to run your 6X9. Well if you still can't get it working grab one of your friends amps and hgook it up see if it works if it doesn't you know it's something with your wireing if it does then it's something with your amp... Hope this helps.

well my amp worked before he unhooked it and then his worked when he hooked it up but then when i hooked mine back up it didnt work... like i have these wires that are like rca cables (but smaller) running from the 6 x 9 to the amp...

I think one day im just gonna start alll over

No, i didnt personally put it in myself, a friend of my moms did --- im thinking of taking everything out -- selling my amp and speakers and starting ALL over ... think this would be a good idea?

Also, could anyone give me any information on how to start up a car audio competition

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.