Verification on Fuse Size

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chughling

CarAudio.com Newbie
Im currently redoing my system in my Dodge Ram and waiting on the equipment to arrive. I have done the Big 3 and everything in my truck is all silver tinned OFC 0 gauge wiring. I have a Mechman 320 amp alternator under the hood connected to an XS D6500 battery. From there it runs to the back and is connected to 2 x XS XP3000 batteries. I am powering 2 x Massive Audio Hippo XL 122 subs (2000/4000 max) in a ported box wired to 1 ohm. I have ordered 2 x Hifonics Brutus BRX2416.1d amps ( 1 for each sub) and a Brutus BRX616.4 channel that is powering my component speakers. My power distribution block in the back is using 250 amp mini anl fuses for the two 2400 watt amps and a 150 amp for the 600 watt amp. My question is that I have a single inline ANL fuse in the front before the firewall and I have another one in the back before the batteries (to protect my truck) and with a total of 5400 watts on the amps which should be roughly 450 amps drawn, should i use a 500 amp fuse in those two holders or a 450 amp fuse? Im also verifying that my math is right. Thanks in advance for all responses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.