Vcm mla voltage module alternatives?

SMFJ
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm not cheap, just broke, there a big difference.

My car charges at 13.1 to 14.1 I'm about to slap a semi battery in the trunk soon hopefully and I want everything to be at a constant of 15.1, 14.3 at the least. I know about current discharge loads vs alt output and I'm working on a new alt.

Until then any cheap alternatives to getting that voltage up?

I saw a MLA/XS Power alternative on YouTube probably 2 years ago and never favorited it, if anyone knows what I'm talking about and has used it can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

I was told to do your battery, ALT, and wiring first before you buy a module. Some cars after you do everything you might be at or close to the voltage that you want to be. The modules work but you might not need one. The big benefit with some cars is their computers will regulate the voltage back to a certain range no matter what you do and that is where the modules have the biggest benefit. They overide your computer that is checking your voltage.

If there is a thread or a link to making one, I would like to see that as well just for knowledge
This isn't the one I was looking for but it's an option I guess I'm not quite electronic savy enough to attempt this but if some one can mass produce these I'd likely buy one if it's at a decent price.

Self build adjustable alternator controler

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.