Value of setup

Prestondrew40

Car audio enthusiast
Aug 26, 2019
Mobile
No clue what category this is supposed to be in so I just put it here lol. Anyways I’ve been thinking ab selling my setup and rebuilding, but I have no clue what it’s worth all together.
-2 sundown sa-12 rev3
-custom 5ft^3 box with 8x25 inch aero port
-smd box terminal with 8 gauge speaker wire
-taramps md3000
Have about 900 in subs/amp/materials

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
This isn't Pawn Stars forum. I'd suggest looking at completed eBay listings if you want to know what used equipment actually sells for.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Some say expect 50% of what you paid. It all really depends on what someone is willing to pay. I was into a sub/box/amp for around $600 and sold it for $500. It was in great condition and offered to install it and tune it (he already had the wiring done so it was 10 minutes). Selling local is always best in my opinion because shipping today is stupid high.

OP
P

Prestondrew40

Car audio enthusiast
Aug 26, 2019
Mobile
This isn't Pawn Stars forum. I'd suggest looking at completed eBay listings if you want to know what used equipment actually sells for.
eBay? For a whole setup yeah not gonna find. Wasn’t asking to sell it on here just asking if anyone knew what it was worth. Since you clearly don’t know then you should’ve just kept scrolling instead of wasting your time lol

OP
P

Prestondrew40

Car audio enthusiast
Aug 26, 2019
Mobile
Some say expect 50% of what you paid. It all really depends on what someone is willing to pay. I was into a sub/box/amp for around $600 and sold it for $500. It was in great condition and offered to install it and tune it (he already had the wiring done so it was 10 minutes). Selling local is always best in my opinion because shipping today is stupid high.
Yeah Ik I won’t get full price for all of it, but by custom I meant i built it. The 900 is just in materials for box+subs+amp+port

OP
P

Prestondrew40

Car audio enthusiast
Aug 26, 2019
Mobile
No clue what category this is supposed to be in so I just put it here lol. Anyways I’ve been thinking ab selling my setup and rebuilding, but I have no clue what it’s worth all together.
-2 sundown sa-12 rev3
-taramps md3000
Not selling on here! Only seeing what y’all think it’s worth.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Since you clearly don’t know then you should’ve just kept scrolling instead of wasting your time lol
What I do know is that we go through phases around here where people come shit up this board asking for price checks and it adds nothing of value to this forum.

I'd let it slide if you had something rare or special and really had no way of gauging what it's worth, but the stuff you have is entry level and common as dirt and you absolutely could just see what they sell for on eBay and go from there.

Bobbytwonames

Conspiracy Theorist
Aug 28, 2018
-2 sundown sa-12 rev3
-taramps md3000
Put it up for sale for $550. If you don't get any hits, then, start lowering the price. You should get around $425-$450.

Cynic0l

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2019
-2 sundown sa-12 rev3
-taramps md3000
Ideally you would try local listings first before eBay. In my case, locally, used subs, amps, speakers, etc can be sold used for 60-90% of their original price. Depending how bad someone really wants to get rid of their stuff. But this is offerup I’m talking about lol...

OP
P

Prestondrew40

Car audio enthusiast
Aug 26, 2019
Mobile
What I do know is that we go through phases around here where people come shit up this board asking for price checks and it adds nothing of value to this forum.

I'd let it slide if you had something rare or special and really had no way of gauging what it's worth, but the stuff you have is entry level and common as dirt and you absolutely could just see what they sell for on eBay and go from there.
I know how much the subs amp and port are worth. I’m mainly asking for the box. Bc I built it not bought so how could I find that price?

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Depends on the quality. Good custom boxes sell anywhere from $150-$200 for basic styles new. Maybe tack on $100 and go from there? At the end of the day, don’t lose a sale because of a box you made for what $35-$50?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Latest classifieds