Using cca wire for grounds

Participant count
  • Participant list
Was adding more grounds and run out of ofc wire, and I have plenty of cca wire didn't know if it would work, just for grounds?? What kind of difference it would make, have on car audio ??
I don't think you'd hear a difference...but if the other grounds and power wires are done in copper, I'd do the rest in copper..

Aluminum has a higher resistance so you'd need to go at least one size bigger to get around that...and Aluminum also corrodes faster so you'd need to change it out sooner

If you have a bunch of it, use it. But just be very aware that you need to use more cca in comparison with copper.
I had cca from my rear battery to the amplifier ( about 30 inches of positive and 24 inches of negative) and had a .7 volt drop between battery and amplifier. Changed to the same size of copper and now have a .1 volt drop.

Id run OFC all or none. CCA corrodes much quicker and takes a much larger size and strands to meet the OFC sizes as stated. I wouldnt recommend mixing your wiring. It could create several issues in the future

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...