Head unit snagging - using Connects2 interfaces.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Geoff.C

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I am a relatively competent DIY fitter, but have run into a snag that I would appreciate some help with please.

I am upgrading the head unit in my Fiat Ducato based camper, and am currently fitting a Pioneer SPH-EVO950DAB unit.
I have sourced an interface kit (with new fascia) from Connects2.
Within the kit are a 'Male Fakra to SMB Female Antenna Adapter' and a 'Fakra to DIN Aerial Antenna Adapter'

Both of these connecters have a thin blue lead with a metal clip on the end (see photo below).

1699726951282.png

I am guessing that this is a grounding lead, but the connection on the end of the lead does not appear to be very strong, and I am not sure where to connect it.
I currently have it clipped to the head unit chassis, but the DAB signal is rather flaky. The connection does not feel very secure, and I think I have probably got it wrong.

Can anyone advise me where / how this should be connected please ?

Many thanks

Geoff

Last edited:
Loose grounding could cause the spotty issue. I would find a good existing screw that is mounted to the back of the internal dash wall. Remove it, sand down the area and crimp a ring terminal or spade onto that accessory and screw it down good and tight. Changing the connector to a ring or spade terminal is key, could try and ground it to the same ground as the HU preferably.

EDIT:

My apologies, I hadn't finished my morning coffee! That solid blue wire is a power lead, not a ground.

Last edited:
Loose grounding could cause the spotty issue. I would find a good existing screw that is mounted to the back of the internal dash wall. Remove it, sand down the area and crimp a ring terminal or spade onto that accessory and screw it down good and tight. Changing the connector to a ring or spade terminal is key, could try and ground it to the same ground as the HU preferably.
Thanks for that - Do we think that the connection is a grounding lead ?

My apologies, I hadn't finished my morning coffee! That solid blue wire is a power lead, You will connect it to the blue/white remote or the solid blue antenna turn on lead from the harness you are using.

Last edited:
My apologies, I hadn't finished my morning coffee! That solid blue wire is a power lead, You will connect it to the blue/white remote or the sold blue antenna turn on lead from the harness you are using.
Brilliant ! - Thanks Doxquzme ...... that's exactly what I needed to know.
Cheers !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...