using 2 different amps 4 2 subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigwurm3

ok, so I have 2 amps (1 pg 600w 2ch amp, and 1 pa 600w 2 channel amp) and I have 2 RF PowerHX2 12"s (dual 2ohm each)

Is there a way I can use both amp, like hook up an amp going to one of each of the voice coils on each sub?

I know the logical thing to do is sell both and get one or two good mono amps but I just wana know if its possible to do this and make it sound ok.

DO NOT share power from seperate amps on DVC subs. Unless you like the sound of blown subs. If you have to, you can run each sub with its own amp , you might be able to match x-over freq's pretty close.

DO NOT share power from seperate amps on DVC subs. Unless you like the sound of blown subs. If you have to, you can run each sub with its own amp , you might be able to match x-over freq's pretty close.

I second that. If the coils receive different signals, your gonna blow your subs. You could, however, do like Diplexers said and hook one amp up to one sub and try to match the crossover settings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.