USB/Bluetooth into a Maserati Spyder

Alchemyst

I have a Maserati Spyder that has (I'm told) a Blaupunkt OEM receiver/CD player. Neither the Maserati people not the Blaupunkt people are willing or able to help. I want to add MP3 capability to my system. It's not as easy as pulling the existing receiver and replacing it cause it's built in together with the computer that controls the Navigation system, miles per gallon, etc. I've looked and Blaupunkt, DICE and Denison all have adapters that plug in before the CD changer but nobody is willing to say that their system will work with mine. Anybody got any suggestion on which way to go?

vehicle hub pro would work in this situation:

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=VPA-B222

The Alpine VehicleHub Pro lets you add aftermarket components such as amps or processors to your factory installed system, regardless of vehicle brand and dashboard configurations. You can continue to use your factory equipment, but use the Orb, advanced command unit, to control your entire system. Possibilities to expand are extraordinary, you can even create a full 5.1 surround system by adding one of Alpine's multi-channel processor PXA-H701. The best part is, you won't lost any of your factory functions like telephone or navigation, and you won't need to permanently remove any of your stock display. Maintain your dash and still upgrade your system, all for an affordable price!
The point here being once the vehicle hub pro is integrated to the factory system, you can use ai-net compatible items listed here, there is the ipod piece, bluetooth piece (which I just installed in my own car - very nice!!!), the usb flash drive mp3 player, and the versatile link which lets you add anything you want.

vehicle hub pro would work in this situation:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=VPA-B222

The point here being once the vehicle hub pro is integrated to the factory system, you can use ai-net compatible items listed here, there is the ipod piece, bluetooth piece (which I just installed in my own car - very nice!!!), the usb flash drive mp3 player, and the versatile link which lets you add anything you want.
Maybe this will work. The web site has a paucity of information and $500 just for the hub itself with lots more to actually add stuff seems way pricey to me.

Any other ideas out there?

Im sorry to sound like a dick here but if you cant afford that alpine piece than how are you gonna be able to pay to fix that thing when it needs repair. That alpine piece is definatly your best option so I guess I would suggest start saving for it

Wait a sec, maybe I read that wrong, are you saying its too expensive for you or are you just saying that you were expecting to be able to do it for alot less, too very different things, either way I still stand by the Alpine piece being your best bet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.