Upgrading subs

They are now facing towards the trunk. I just havent been able to get these subs to hit in this car so I been experimenting with them.
fb4bd4d8fafe27ef4c443c3dbdf6ab79.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Definitely a nice old school daily but like you said not enough to take your breath away ..I’ve ran the subs before but I’ve never fooled with that particular Sony Amp ..I’ve read all about it and the specs are good

I have a fairly big old school Sony collection ..this is maybe half my decks ...not all of these are old school ..I just like the neat features x

And here are a few of my EQs and other Sony Parts

Mostly ES in my collection but I like other older Sony car audio as well

I have a fairly big old school Sony collection ..this is maybe half my decks ...not all of these are old school ..I just like the neat features x

And here are a few of my EQs and other Sony Parts

Mostly ES in my collection but I like other older Sony car audio as well
niice!

this is the first system I am actually putting money into. all my other ones we just stock speakers with these subs or I would buy a nice set of speakers and lose the car. I am older now and want a nice sounding system. I want the bestboutvof my focals and kappas so I'll be looking for a good dsp and active crossover setup but for now I will stick with new subs and amp then dsp and run active. unless I am doing it backwards then please stop me now and points in the right direction! hahaha

What is the model number of your sony amp. I can't remember. Is that the one that does like 1200 @ 1ohm? A second one of those could probably be sourced cheap.

I want it to make its a little hard to breathe when it's hitting hard.
So, 2 18's wall build 8000-10000W.

Seriously though Toyota trunks aren't terribly friendly for getting loud. I just picked up a 2011 corolla and in about a month I'll be back home to build up and start testing some subs. I'm not even going to bother trying to get loud out of it, sticking to 300-400W or so I have on tap from the sub channel of a little 5 channel amp. Trying to get loud out of a trunk is a real battle and is a very big job. Pretty much if you're not very good and have a lot of time and a fair bit of money you'll always be 3-5dB down from the same gear in a more friendly SUV or hatchback.

That said, DD still makes a fine product. I don't know about the 25XX series but the higher series' are excellent still and the redlines are also solid. IMO I think you'd do better with a 3515 for the same price and airspace as 2 2512s but either way if your guys build box to DD specs I'd expect it to be noticeably louder than the subs you have.

I was thinking of Orion hcca but I was told Orion use to be good 10 plus year ago and they pointed me in the direction of the DDs
The HCCA is decent but definitely not much use for what you're doing I think. My biggest beef with them is that they use all oddball size proprietary parts so if/when they break you're on the hook for very expensive recone kit which may or may not be available.

I have a fairly big old school Sony collection
Sony is doing good things with head units again. I picked up one for the Jeep and one for my Corolla this winter. Very good for the money. They also have that super expensive one out now which I'd expect would be comparable to the Pioneer 99

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.