Upgrading subs

OCDankBank

I have a 2017 Toyota Corolla. I have focal es165 k2 in front kappa 6x9 in rear. I am using 2 sony xplode 1200w 12 inch subs with a 1600w Sony xplode amp from circa 2004ish lol. they sound decent for what they are but Its time for me to upgrade. I am tired of amateur bass. one of the shops a go to suggest 2 12inch DD 2500 series. but I just don't know much about that company. I want to make the inside of my ears tickle. I want it to make its a little hard to breathe when it's hitting hard. I also don't want to go broke. any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have a 2017 Toyota Corolla. I have focal es165 k2 in front kappa 6x9 in rear. I am using 2 sony xplode 1200w 12 inch subs with a 1600w Sony xplode amp from circa 2004ish lol. they sound decent for what they are but Its time for me to upgrade. I am tired of amateur bass. one of the shops a go to suggest 2 12inch DD 2500 series. but I just don't know much about that company. I want to make the inside of my ears tickle. I want it to make its a little hard to breathe when it's hitting hard. I also don't want to go broke. any suggestions?
What’s really fun is when you can do that with a pair of 8’s ..DD use to be one of the best you could buy back in the day ..but now days except for their really high end stuff they don’t cut it ....but to do what you want you’ll need a true 1500rms or more and a couple of good quality subs ..in a properly designed enclosure ...and the electrical to support it

What’s really fun is when you can do that with a pair of 8’s ..DD use to be one of the best you could buy back in the day ..but now days except for their really high end stuff they don’t cut it ....but to do what you want you’ll need a true 1500rms or more and a couple of good quality subs ..in a properly designed enclosure ...and the electrical to support it
I was thinking of Orion hcca but I was told Orion use to be good 10 plus year ago and they pointed me in the direction of the DDs

I was thinking of Orion hcca but I was told Orion use to be good 10 plus year ago and they pointed me in the direction of the DDs
The original American made DDs were beast ..all these scores below my name were made with DDs the good ones ..if they were original 2500s those were good subs ..I have about 30 of their original subs

I’m familiar with your setup ..and those Sony’s were decent daily beaters..but even the new DD 2500s in a solid custom box ...4 cu ft plus port port 72 sq inch opening 20 inches long ..with the port made to load properly ..like I said on a true 1500rms ...with the right electrical I think you’d be very happy ..especially if your Sony’s are currently in a sealed box

i'm kinda over orion too (i sold it or had it for about 20yrs total) idk your car trunk space but if u could get 1 15 in it it should be pretty awesome in that small car but that may not be possible.. 1 nice 12 in a good ported box with something like a wolfram 1500 (tested 1600rms) should be pretty loud.. heard a dd (i think was a 9500) in a old chevy caviler in late 90's i guess, shop was metering/testing it sub and port forward hit 149db i had to open the door of course that made it hurt my ears more., like u both said things have changed with quality..

Yeah, here's a suggestion: Tell us your budget for subs/amps.
I have about 500 to 800 dollars on a new subs or new subs and a box. the guys that suggested the DDs 2500s were going to give me 2 12s and a box made for those subs for 700 out the door

I have about 500 to 800 dollars on a new subs or new subs and a box. the guys that suggested the DDs 2500s were going to give me 2 12s and a box made for those subs for 700 out the door
$700 for that setup sounds pretty good price wise ..the 2500’s use to retail close to $400 each ..I’m not sure what current price is ..it may be lower now

Are those the polygon shaped Sony’s that you have or the round ones ?

$700 for that setup sounds pretty good price wise ..the 2500’s use to retail close to $400 each ..I’m not sure what current price is ..it may be lower now
these guys are unbeatable for prices. they have me the es165 k2 6 1/2 components for 600 650 installed I was going to get the ps165fx for 550 600 installed but they were missing a tweeter so I said what's up with the k2 he said 600 650 installed I said let's do it

They are now facing towards the trunk. I just havent been able to get these subs to hit in this car so I been experimenting with them.
fb4bd4d8fafe27ef4c443c3dbdf6ab79.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.