Upgrading my system

Participant count
  • Participant list

daz69

G'day Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my sound system in my 2000 Holden VT Berlina.

At the moment I have just got the stock speakers in there and after sitting in a mates car (who has upgraded his system) it has made me want to have an awsome sound system.

The only problem is that I am just starting to learn about all of the different components and what does what and where.

So I need a bit of help.

Could anyone please help me with finding a crazy system, as I have been quote roughly 15K from a place over here, but I don't have nearly that much money and will have to buy the parts over time.

The main thing I am looking at is with the head unit I want to have the GPS, bluetooth, USB, SD, digital radio, CD, MP3 etc compatible. And I also want a system that will go loud and deep, and still stay moderately clean sound.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

You're going to either overpay to buy from shops there or get smoked having things shipped.

If you planned it out right you could get really good but lightweight stuff used here on the forum shipped over to you (I'm thinking subs with neo motors and some Stetsom amps which do a ton of power in a small package) Component speakers and HU shouldn't be to terrible to ship, ditto with wire. You can ship a HU or pair of components there for about 45$, a fair sized amp for 55$. Not 100% sure about customs/taxes, but would probably be worth a shot.

Fusion used to make some pretty nice stuff ( a couple of their high end pieces) and they marketed a bit in your part of the world. If you can find some of their old competition level stuff some of it is pretty solid.

Lot of Aussies lately on here quoting insane prices ppl over there are asking for car audio. You have an uphill battle.

hispls:

I have had a quote from a shop over here and yeah it was way over priced.

I was thinking more along the lines of shipping as in the long run it will work out cheaper.

Also, I have really been looking at the Alpine stuff as even their crappy stuff is of good quality.

My mate has also suggested the L7's for subs.

I think I will have to keep looking around and getting advice from people, as I don't really know what is good and what isn't, yet!

But I am sure that I will be happy with some good bass, loud speakers and powerful amps, as everyone would.

Cheers for the advice.

oh no please no l7..and alpine type r has some quality but there is much better.but i have alpine all around.. the 6.5 and 6x9s and 2 15 type r . the sound quality is awesome

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.