Upgrading a Porsche 928S4 audio system

I would like to get this thread back on topic with my 2 cents.

I would like to suggest DLS Ultimate amplifiers and Iridium 6.5" 2 way components, or even the 3 ways if you want to be more adventurous and find a mounting location for the midrange.

Perhaps the A3 for the components and the A1 for the rear stage. (running from the reciever will suffice also.)

I'm not sure if you want to run a subwoofer but a simple 8" will fill the void below where the Iridium's midbass starts up.

If you plan on using a subwoofer, and amplifier for all speakers, I suggest the A7.

If you want a subwoofer and want to power the rear stage with the reciever then I suggest the A5.

I like DLS's price to performance ratio. The build quality is among the best. Many Sound Quality competition cars use DLS products.

Most importantly the installation of your speakers will have a major effect on the overall 'sound quality'.

edit:

here is the link to DLS' website

http://www.dls.se

I would like to get this thread back on topic with my 2 cents.
I would like to suggest DLS Ultimate amplifiers and Iridium 6.5" 2 way components, or even the 3 ways if you want to be more adventurous and find a mounting location for the midrange.

Perhaps the A3 for the components and the A1 for the rear stage. (running from the reciever will suffice also.)

I'm not sure if you want to run a subwoofer but a simple 8" will fill the void below where the Iridium's midbass starts up.

If you plan on using a subwoofer, and amplifier for all speakers, I suggest the A7.

If you want a subwoofer and want to power the rear stage with the reciever then I suggest the A5.

I like DLS's price to performance ratio. The build quality is among the best. Many Sound Quality competition cars use DLS products.

Most importantly the installation of your speakers will have a major effect on the overall 'sound quality'.

edit:

here is the link to DLS' website

http://www.dls.se

umm i think hes gone now... the people in this forum pissed him off

If you're still lurking, look up a place called Pro Sound, I know there is one somewhere in Wyoming, possibly two. One of the higher up guys in Pro Sound is named Jake Roberts, he lives in Montana but does travel to do installations. He did an installation in a Porsche in California earlier this year. He is amazingly talented, especially with Sound Quality stuff. He does nice, clean installs that sound amazing.

Jake also carries a line of speakers called RS-Audio, German made, that are some of the best in the world. Scott Buwalda, who has won several sound quality championships and is a dealer for both DLS and RS-Audio, told me that RS makes a better sounding 2 way set than DLS. So, if you get a chance check it out, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

wow the guy was just asking for help and you guys rip him a new ******* who cares if he's old he likes music just like we do event though it may not be our taste but I dont think he was trying to sound like an old rich guy tryin to look down upon us all he wanted was some advice on where to begin. I wish all you dumb ****s would stop posting retarded comments and actually try to help some people who dont know $hit about car audio.

wow the guy was just asking for help and you guys rip him a new ******* who cares if he's old he likes music just like we do event though it may not be our taste but I dont think he was trying to sound like an old rich guy tryin to look down upon us all he wanted was some advice on where to begin. I wish all you dumb ****s would stop posting retarded comments and actually try to help some people who dont know $hit about car audio.
I can see both sides of the argument, but if his post had been less haughty, it wouldn't have come to this.

His post; I'm an old rocket scientist with a porsche, I hate boomcars.

Reasonable post; I'm looking for a quality setup, and I'm not sure where to start. I have an '84 porsche, and I listen to classical music - it doesn't have to be very loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.