Updating stock system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pyrate

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2012 F150 FX4 with navigation and the audio system has stopped working. That also includes the climate controls and seat cooling and heating. The APIM checks out. Dealer says it's the amplifier in the dash and they are waiting for a refurbished one.
I would like to change to a Kenwood DMX906S & a Maestro RR or RR2.
Has anyone here done this? Did it retain all controls? Can I still use the amp in the console?

Maestro should have there own fit guide, It would tell you what it would retain and what it won't. etc. steering wheel controls, back up cam, sync, safety features. Some cars and certain radios it will show tire pressure, gauges and ac controls. Also it should retain the amp. How are you going to make the radio fit?

I'm having it installed by a shop on 9/10. They are making brackets and trimming the dash. I'll post pic when done if you like. The Kenwood has climate controls and am told the Maestro will retain all of the buttons below the head unit. I've attached a before pic.
IMG_0117.jpg

Install completed and seems to be most everything is working as stock. The menu button below the player no longer functions but the menu button on the receiver works. All he had to do was trim a little of the backside of the center section of the dash and he made 2 brackets. He tried to center it but there was too much wiring above so it sits a little below center. He also trimmed the Kenwood trim piece. I'm still using the stock amps and speakers for now. Phase one completed.
IMG_0122.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.