Subwoofer Gnomes???

Thorsday

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 12, 2019
Loveland CO
I calibrated the gain, freqency, and maximized volume on 2 10" (450w each) subwoofers running off a 1000w mono amp. I used bass demos on YouTube to set them as loud as possible and also sound clean.....then when i drive around and turn the volume up they pop and cut out well below the volume i had them maxed out at previously....whats up with that???

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
Volume and gain should be set with an O scope or DD1.

But them cutting in and out can be many things. Bad ground, bad RCAs, amp internal issue, voltage issues, Subwoofer tinsel leads broken from being clipped to death, ohm load too low for the amp. But a 1000 watt amp running two 450rms subwoofers and you set the gain with a DMM makes me think you are clipping your subwoofers.

OP
Thorsday

Thorsday

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 12, 2019
Loveland CO
Volume and gain should be set with an O scope or DD1.

But them cutting in and out can be many things. Bad ground, bad RCAs, amp internal issue, voltage issues, Subwoofer tinsel leads broken from being clipped to death, ohm load too low for the amp. But a 1000 watt amp running two 450rms subwoofers and you set the gain with a DMM makes me think you are clipping your subwoofers.
Ok. I'll get an O scope or DD1 and check gain with that. Hope my new subs will be ok. This was my first do it myself install. The door speakers are working great but my boom boom is not happy. I still got alot to learn. Thankyou.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds