Updated build - Hyundai Veloster

Beerdrnkr
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Diego
So here's an update on what I've been up to recently. Was away from car audio for awhile but came back wanting to finish my setup.

updates to exterior mods:

Tinted tail lights and markers

Tinted windows

18" wheels

HID headlights and fogs

K&N short ram intake

(Final exterior/performance mod will be a new exhaust system for a little more power).

Current updated system:

JL Audio XD600/6 bridged (200wrms x 3) to the right tweeter, right midrange, and right midbass.

JL Audio XD600/6 bridged (200wrms x 3) to the left tweeter, left midrangem and left midbass.

JL Audio XD200/2 bridged (200wrms x 1) to the center channel.

American Bass PH4000 (2000wrms x 1) to 2 15's in sealed boxes.

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 tapped into the stock Headunit.

Arc Audio Black Series 6 1/2" in the doors (midrange) and Tweeters in the pillars. Pillars are blown (somehow) and I'll either replace them or run something else, haven't decided yet.

Peerless SLS 8's in fiberglassed door pods.

SB Acoustics 4" midrange for the center channel.

(2) Image Dynamics ID15's in sealed boxes (still need to purchase 1).

So that's the new and hopefully final setup for awhile. Pics to come in a few.

9u7ety3y.jpg

6y2yqyza.jpg

guza8a7e.jpg

y6usesu5.jpg

vu3e9yte.jpg

evamu2et.jpg

ve9ydary.jpg

aneby2uz.jpg

9yha4yme.jpg

2yruta6a.jpg

Nice setup! How do you like that 3sixty3? I was thinking of replacing my DQXS with one but then I heard the software is buggy...

Nice setup! How do you like that 3sixty3? I was thinking of replacing my DQXS with one but then I heard the software is buggy...
Well it started off rough with the 3sixty. I was one of the lucky ones that got the USB cable that was wired wrong so I wasn't able to get the software to recognize the unit and could only pull it up in demo mode. I just bought another cable for about $8 and that took care of that problem. Then I was having problems with the hi level outputs from the oem amp but I think the place I took it to just wired it wrong to be honest. I ended up telling them just to find a full range signal and tap in a line out converter to that and run it balanced.

After that I didn't have any problems with software, hiss, etc. So far I'm really happy with it.

Nice set up. Would love to see you build a shelf in the back and go IB. A set of JBL w12gti mk II would be Amazing. Those black series are gray too

Unless you need the power swapping the 4000md with the xd1000x1would complete and amazing install. Should be about the same footprint as well
Its always nice having extra power. If there were a xd2000/1, that would be a different story.

Nice set up. Would love to see you build a shelf in the back and go IB. A set of JBL w12gti mk II would be Amazing. Those black series are gray too
Thanks. Yeah IB would be pretty nice but this way just makes it easier to remove a sub or both easily in case i need the space. Its the reason I'm getting two seperate boxes.

Didn't get the Veloster turbo? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Dont remind me! If i wouldve known they were coming out with a turbo i would've just waited. Got this car a few months before they came out.

nice install man, twood love to hear this, what are your crossover setting for your front stage?
Thanks. I just got it finished up today so i havent had too much time to tune. Crossover settings right now are set at midbass 63hz-250hz/24db butterworth, midrange 100hz-2500hz/24db linkwitz, tweeters (not in use) 2500hz-20khz/24db linkwitz, center 200hz-highpass/24db linkwitz, and subwoofer 63hz-lowpass/36db butterworth.

**** bro build looks amazing, hope to hear it next year at a comp.
Thanks man. Yeah I'll take it out to the next one. Won't be loud for being 2 15's but it'll still be pretty **** loud in this small car. Hopefully I'll have all of the tuning done to give everybody a little taste of SQ...lol

You finish your build yet? Still waiting to check that setup out, I think you might be pretty loud...lol

Dont remind me! If i wouldve known they were coming out with a turbo i would've just waited. Got this car a few months before they came out.
lol, my bad...yeah they're sweet little cars. I test drove the turbo but ended up going in a different direction with my new ride.

nice little build.
Thanks. I've had a few big and loud setups but it's just too much of a pain to deal with. 2 15's in this little car on 2000wrms will be more than enough. Sounds really good right now. Can't wait to really get into the tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.