Upcoming turbo install

I have been reading about alky. Don't think I will go there though. This will be my daily driver. The other guy who has this install is running 11psi, 17 degrees timing and 0 KR. From what I understand it is a task keeping the SOB in line.

what will you be doing about the tranny? i'm sure it wont be up to that much power unless you are gentle with it. ive had some fast stuff so i know i wouldnt be gentle with it. lol

Turbos are more efficient then superchargers.

As for the tranny it should be ok. I won't be racing everyday and I always keep my maint. schedule. As long as I don't do 50 in reverse and slam it into drive I should be alright.

As for the tranny it should be ok. I won't be racing everyday and I always keep my maint. schedule. As long as I don't do 50 in reverse and slam it into drive I should be alright.
it's just for the blow off sound, you can admit it:p:

I'm just playing

lol, so that guy is running 11psi on stock internals? Thats nice, Ive been lookin at things to do for my Civic and I'm not used to seeing things like 11psi on stock internals :p

What is the tranny on it?

Go to turbobuick.com and check out the 3800 series forum.

I have been reading about alky. Don't think I will go there though. This will be my daily driver. The other guy who has this install is running 11psi, 17 degrees timing and 0 KR. From what I understand it is a task keeping the SOB in line.
Alchohol is the best/easiest HP gain. Its 500$ and you can gain 60-100hp. Think of it this way..

Example of the awesomeness of alky:

I could only run 10-12PSI w/out KR(detonation) BEFORE alky. If you figure 8-10 HP per PSI, I was able to run over 20PSI w/ ZERO knock w/ tiny injectors(meaning bigger injectors would be even more boost) That gave me roughly 80-100hp by running that much boost.

Hands down THE best investment for my car. You can adjust when it turns on how much it sprays when it turns on, and how much at full spray.

You just need to get a kit that is made well, thats all.

Most GN's use alky over race gas. Or both at the same time.

My car in my sig will have 1 gallon of methanol in it everyday, and its my daily driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sleepr

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
sleepr
Springfield, Mo
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date