engine's

Short answer no, long answer a very very very very difficult yes. You'd literaly have to create a a new undercarriage to allow a driveshaft to the rear and accomodate for a rearend and all its components....don't bother, use the money to build your civics motor. there's an infinite amount of parts available for civics.

alrite dude if you want to swap an engine into your civic, id say swap an h22a into it. that the prelude motor for the 97-01 preludes. 220 hp in the light civic body not too many modifications, engine swap kit with motor mounts new front axle, ecu and harness etc... thats your best bet. and then use the money you saved from not putting the rear wheel drive engine and transmission and transaxle and drive shaft and all and put a turbo on the h22a and redo the internals and youll be untouchable...

get a b18c1 which is the integra gsr motor, or the b18c5 which is the integra type r motor.

if you want to go turbo I'd say get a b18b which is teh integra ls motor. I'ts compression ratio is really good

alrite dude if you want to swap an engine into your civic, id say swap an h22a into it. that the prelude motor for the 97-01 preludes. 220 hp in the light civic body not too many modifications, engine swap kit with motor mounts new front axle, ecu and harness etc... thats your best bet. and then use the money you saved from not putting the rear wheel drive engine and transmission and transaxle and drive shaft and all and put a turbo on the h22a and redo the internals and youll be untouchable...
FYI 220hp is only in the Euro R Accord or the Prelude Type S. Both of which we don't get here (so you have to import the engine). USDM Prelude H22A's only have 200hp.

If you want to put a beefy engine in the civic, do the JDM ITR motor (B18C). The power and gear ratios will blow your mind. Plus when ever you shift, the tranny is geared just right so it drops you right back into VTEC and you don't have to wait for it to spool up that high again. Not to mention it has LSD whithc is an awesome tool for motoring around cornors quicker than other racers. Pretty *****in motor.. I would know, I have one. lol.

Here is my answer:

There is an edition of Hot Rod magazine I have in my closet somewhere in which they dropped a 350 in a Focus.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.