UNDERATED Alpine TYPE R / BOSS REV-2000D

DrG
10+ year member

Canada
Ok I just started this thread so I can meet some people who actually KNOW what they are talking about when it comes to apline type r 12s, and a boss Rev-2000d. My system is as follows:

1990 Chrysler Newyorker

90 Amp Alternator

2 Alpine Type R 12's

Ported Alpine Box

Boss REV-2000D

2 50w rms Premier 6'9s

1 farad Pheonix GOld Cap * that does jack **** really not even hooked up currently*

2 Spr-134a 5 1/2 Alpine Door Speakers

Apline cda-9807 Head Unit

Now let me tell you my system's SPL is ****ing amazing, along with the sound quality. First off you guys really underate the boss REV-2000d amp. Ok ya I know boss makes some shitty stuff, but you guys shouldnt really say anything unless you really try it. I have my subs wired in parallel at 1.1 0hms, for about a year now. It works amazing with that amp.Yes I will tell you right now id say that amp puts out about hmm 1000 rms at 1 ohm, even though it claims like 1400. Yet it really is a good amp, you guys always reccomend the jbl 1000.2 over it, and have you ever tried to run that thing at one ohm? It wont last more than a month if Iwas running the load I am now. I was going to sell my amp for like 600 canadian, and invest in a audiobahn digital amp. Yet I think my Head unit makes any digital amp pretty obsolete. Also the Alpine type R's along with all of alpine products are HORRIBLY underated.I know a guy who runs a MrdM500 to each sub, and it just pounds. Yet at one ohm I am GLAD that my amps puts out the power it does, since I doubt my alternator nor subs would be able to take it.

I went to a Competition and took 3rd place which is pretty amazing since I was competing against two 15s. I was rated at something like 135 dbs.

this is aboot his setup, not aboot his location..

dang canadians..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I'll aboot you! not all canadains ain't no talk like that....jesus murphy.....I reckon you better get your story straight........ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Its not his fault guys, us canadians cant take for granted not having a 3rd rate education, where our country thinks its the center of the world. But hey like they say on the matrix ignorance is bliss.

Originally posted by DrG Its not his fault guys, us canadians cant take for granted not having a 3rd rate education, where our country thinks its the center of the world. But hey like they say on the matrix ignorance is bliss.
sounds like u might of had a 3rd rate education with all of those big words

sigh......dang canadians.....heh....jus messin w/ ya.....my wife would love to live in canada.....1 yr paid maternity leave, free health care....sounds like fun....but wont catch me in canada...heh

Originally posted by Jmac They actually are trying to make it a ridiculously long 2 years for maternity leave //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anyways, The MRD-M500 benches @ 590 RMS ... It's not horribly underrated :p None of Alpine's amplifiers are very underrated ... Basically, only the Type-R and Type-S subs are greatly underrated (Dependent on box)

The Alpine Type-Rs, however, are ... I've experienced a few set-ups in which the Type-Rs could take 800-900 RMS, but in very tiny sealed boxes (They didn't sound too good doing it, but they were doing it without a problem)

As for the JBL BP1200.1 not running 1 ohm for more than 6 months ... They do ...

I did 142.1 dB with a pair of Type-R 12s (SWR-1240Ds) and a Rockford Power 500.2 (724 RMS @ 4 ohms) in a Suzuki Swift //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I finished fifth, though (My only SPL contest to date) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
yep she told me about that too......woulda been nice...heh

Thanks for the reply Guy, I actually havent got my new deck installed my current pre amp outs are less than 2 volts. My new ones are like 4.3 or something like that I hope it makes the difference. Also the type rs can take more power in a ported not sealed. Yet when it comes to the mrdm500 all I know is what im told. I dont think I would change amps again, that amp is atleast pumping out 1000 rms, and itd be a risk changing to a more powerful amplifier I already get a nice burnt voice coil smell as is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Do You guys think my deck and alpine door speakers spr134a will make the difference, cause currently the deck in there *****!! I am getting a new deck in tommorow, and door speakers. a cda-9807 as I listed above. I really hope so cause againt I know a guy with the same setup as me with two mrd m500 and hes pushing like 150 dbs he says. Also I hooked up my capacitor today just cause it was sitting around, WHAT a piece of ****. All it does is put more drain on my alternator which is only 90 amps. Anyone know how to rewind an alternator ???

Originally posted by DrG All it does is put more drain on my alternator which is only 90 amps. Anyone know how to rewind an alternator ???
It will cost you in Edmonton. I've looked around for mine. Ended up buying one on eBay instead. Are you going to the competitions this summer? I have them listed in the Team Car Audio and Competition forum.

Originally posted by DrG Also the type rs can take more power in a ported not sealed.
Nope, not the way subwoofers work.

Yet when it comes to the mrdm500 all I know is what im told. I dont think I would change amps again, that amp is atleast pumping out 1000 rms...
Nope again, get it bench tested at FX Audio (ask for Ray) or Certified Radio. Probably won't break 700.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.