Unbranded amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
I was just wondering if anyone has bought any unbranded amps from asia, or knows a reliable place to buy one. "JL audio" sold an unbranded korean amp that pushed 7k+ watts.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/600737-unbranded-korean-7kw-proto.html

I found an amp that looks similar to a DC 2.0k, but I'm not so sure its legit... lol

Car Amplifier - Buy 12v Car Amplifier Product on Alibaba.com

Thanks for the feedback, just looking to buy a cheap amp that puts out a lot of power

Most of the proto amps in circulation are likely actual prototypes for a real brand that were sold after testing then sold around the community.

Most of those Asian manufacturers won't talk to you for less than a 20 piece order and I'd wager the ones worth dealing with probably have even higher standards.

Assuming you send your money to one of these outfits you have zero security that you'll receive anything and if it breaks you're totally on your own.

I recall at one point someone on a forum was trying to get a group-buy together to buy an unbadged big Korean amp but I don't think it got off the ground. As much as most people here love the idea of getting something for nothing, they don't seem to be interested in that sort of risk.

Thanks for the information, I wonder what brand the prototype was for. Over 7k is a lot, and I didn't recognize the heatsink as being from a popular brand like DD, Sundown, ect.

I was just wondering if anyone has bought any unbranded amps from asia, or knows a reliable place to buy one. "JL audio" sold an unbranded korean amp that pushed 7k+ watts.http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/600737-unbranded-korean-7kw-proto.html

I found an amp that looks similar to a DC 2.0k, but I'm not so sure its legit... lol

Car Amplifier - Buy 12v Car Amplifier Product on Alibaba.com

Thanks for the feedback, just looking to buy a cheap amp that puts out a lot of power
I've purchased quite a few products off Alibaba and always had a positive experience, shipping takes a while since it's arriving via container ship but the customer service at every manufacturer was courteous and very prompt with a reply, they want your business and they want return customers, i would not hesitate to buy anything off Alibaba and you shouldn't either but i think you're better off saving your money and buying from an company that has a home office in the USA and offers a warranty, car audio is a buyers market and if you hold out for a bit am sure you will find a brand name amplifier that will suit your requirements and your budget

What have you bought off of Alibaba? I've bought other electronics from China, so I understand about the shipping. I've only used a car audio warranty on one amp before. It was a Belva, and they only gave me in-store credit. I was looking at the DD m2b on here, but I need to upgrade my electrical system before I can get a high-power amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.