Ultimate Subwoofers

picklekx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Anyon ever use Ultimate platinum series woofers model ps10 225wts rms. i can get the from the zeb for 55$ a pice 120 regular. using there price match. I really like how they look and i heard that after ultimate went under new ownership they have started to step things up. how would they compare to jbl gt 100s 250 rms cause those are the others im interested in. thanks. they will be in about a .8 cu^ enclosure pwoered by a ;anzar vibe 250 225x2.

Originally posted by picklekx Anyon ever use Ultimate platinum series woofers model ps10 225wts rms. i can get the from the zeb for 55$ a pice 120 regular. using there price match. I really like how they look and i heard that after ultimate went under new ownership they have started to step things up. how would they compare to jbl gt 100s 250 rms cause those are the others im interested in. thanks. they will be in about a .8 cu^ enclosure pwoered by a ;anzar vibe 250 225x2.
I would not recomend using subs that are only $55 a piece...in the car audio world as well as in life, you get what you pay for.

If you paid attetion i noted that the subs are 120 a piece but using there price match i can get them for 55 because sound domain sells them for 60$ because they are not an authorized dealer.

Originally posted by picklekx If you paid attetion i noted that the subs are 120 a piece but using there price match i can get them for 55 because sound domain sells them for 60$ because they are not an authorized dealer.
If I paid attention??? Your still getting it for 55 right...let me tell you something...I paid 300 dollars for an MMATS Juggernaut (I doubt you've heard of it) and it sells for 800. But guess what...I still paid $300. Have you ever heard of Ultimate??? No...and do you know why??? Because they ****...no need to be a smart ass.

Originally posted by picklekx actually i have heard of mmats. and is it not possible to get a good deal or something?
Is it not possible for you to understand that the sub that you want is not worth a crap??? It is very possible to get a good deal, but not on a shitty sub...your better off looking on ebay...maybe you can get the sub you want for $5.

Yea basically the sub your lookin at I have never heard of nor seen. For 55 bucks you can get alot of good qaulity subs like MTX Rockford Fosgate AudioBuahn list goes on and on dude look around dont settle for cheapness.

Maybe you should look into getting an Alpine Type S. They can be bought online for around $70. They are a respected company and a quality sub in the price range you appear to be looking at.

actually we sell ultimate up here in canada, it's pretty good stuff, definetly not the best, but i would buy it still.

Thanks Taylor. reagardless of what everyone said i bought to of them at the zeb i basically got two for one pricing using there price match. paid 117 and one of these subs there costs 120$ so i think i got a good deal thanks.

Originally posted by picklekx Thanks Taylor. reagardless of what everyone said i bought to of them at the zeb i basically got two for one pricing using there price match. paid 117 and one of these subs there costs 120$ so i think i got a good deal thanks.
You know people try to help you but you want to be a jackass and waste your money...I am about through with trying to help all you newbies...It'll take one time, ask bootleg...he did not believe me either...buying a Pyramid amp???

actually one of the installers who works at the shop who happens to be an iasca sq competitor uses ultimate in his jetta.

Ranger i was just wondering why a 120$ dollar sub is crap? and i have looked around and talked to a dealer of them and he really likes them and i dont have alot to spend since i have to keep up on dirtbike matenince. And i saw these and new i could get them for cheaper then 120$ a piece so i jumped on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.