Uh oh...is it the batties or alt...?

Sorry guys. I'm just lost when it comes to this. I don't have a battery charger. And i've ran the same electrical for 2 years now and all of a sudden, the batteries won't hold a charge. Since I don't have a charger, would it be a good test to put my old alt back in there and see if it could charge the batteries?
An alternator is not a battery charger and a battery resting that low is being undercharged which will result in a battery that won't recharge or become more difficult to recharge. A low battery by itself is hard on an alternator add in posible sulfation it makes it double tough on the alternator.

Ok. Well update. My car actually turned on this morning. After being off for about 16 hours. Big change. I disconnected the positive from the battery and my car still ran. The front on seems like it's holding a charge now. I guess the 2400 in the back was bad? I'm still going to get a charger and charge it over night. Any suggestions on what charger to get?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Davecubs14

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Davecubs14
Madison, AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date