Advice on my new setup '05 Ford Mustang GT droptop

Kickherhard

NorCal
Hey guys,

This'll be my first post here in car audio forums.

I just moved to cali, and am having my new, stock, '05 Mustang GT shipped here.

I already have all the parts I ordered back home, sitting in my room here, as I had them shipped here.

I have no idea how I'm going to put this system together, so I'll list my parts, and leave that up to you guys since you all are the pro's.

I have 2x 2011 L7 15" 4's

2x 2011 ZX1000.1 amps

2x grilles for the L7's

a Kinetik HC2400

Whatever the replacement size speaker crutchfield recommended (I think 6x8s?), two pairs of them.

Component 6.5" pair to put in the kick panel enclosures I'm going to order from crutchfield (but haven't yet because I don't want to pay $180 for them).

An amp to match these two 6.5"s.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD + wiring harness + double din install housing.

I know I need a box to put them in, and was pretty much gonna just order one from ebay and throw it in/anchor it into the back seat, as I don't think they'll fit in the trunk, and even if they do, won't I feel more air moving/power if they're in the back seat?

I need a H/O alt, found a few that put out 240 amps on eBay.

Wiring + distribution blocks, o ring connectors, other miscellaneous parts and accessories to install.

I'm heading out for work, which is why this post is so sloppy, but when I get home tonight, I'll post more information and specific model numbers.

look at buying an alt from a reputable dealer (someone else can chime that in). get a box built. dont go with a prefab. basically stay away from ebay IMO.

you shoulda got the coupe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only place a 15" woofer of any brand will fit in a convertable mustang is "the back seat". I have done a convertable mustang with two 12" L7"s inverted firing into a fiberglass enclosure that would be lucky to be 2.5 cube. 10' is the best size for the trunk.

It should bang hard...post some pics when you get back...You'll wanna run the two subs isobaric so they will work best in your drop top in da boot...go ahead and spend a few xtra bills and get a chrome alty since you changing it out anyway...

look at buying an alt from a reputable dealer (someone else can chime that in). get a box built. dont go with a prefab. basically stay away from ebay IMO.
you shoulda got the coupe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I wanted a convertible.

It poses two problems, a smaller boot, and a higher risk for theft, but in the end, being able to roll around with the top down outweighs both imo.

I bought this car to be my performance vehicle, and my old toyota to be my sound vehicle, but since I moved to cali, I can't bring both, and I NEED BASS, so I'm going to make the box quickly removable if I need to race.

Still working on the details for that, but first need to figure out where it's going to go.

Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only place a 15" woofer of any brand will fit in a convertable mustang is "the back seat". I have done a convertable mustang with two 12" L7"s inverted firing into a fiberglass enclosure that would be lucky to be 2.5 cube. 10' is the best size for the trunk.
Oh yeah?

How bout 2 15's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

My primary preference was to have 2 15s

Worrying about how I was going to get them in was second.

TBH, I'm a little nervous about saying because my car will have as much aftermarket accessories in it as it's value stock, and my uncle's SUV I've been driving, (not by any means a flashy ride), has had small **** like the muffler tip stolen a few times, and his other SUV, glass smashed in, and his GPS and Oakleys stolen.

All of this happened in a moderately wealthy neighborhood mind you, not at all what I'm used to, coming from the country in VA. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I'd prefer to say bay area if that's ok?

Is that specific enough or should I narrow more?

It should bang hard...post some pics when you get back...You'll wanna run the two subs isobaric so they will work best in your drop top in da boot...go ahead and spend a few xtra bills and get a chrome alty since you changing it out anyway...
Will post pics as soon as I get the car here (ETA 2-3 weeks shipping).

What is isobaric?

What's a 'chrome' alternator?

I'm changing it out cuz my buddy's 3200 watt Protege, powered with 3x 18 wheeler sized batteries, was sufficiently powered, but the stock alternator absolutely did not do the job when it came to keeping the batteries healthy.

Dont have a whole lot of room in that car at all. I recommend 1 Re sx dual 4ohm 10 and a simple Super bass pro box,and get rid of the power hungry amp and get an old school 66 mean put on that joker or an Autotek bts 7150,and get a clean old school 4 ch amp for the mids n highs, like alpine 3554 or even soundstream ads. ect.That way you can have some room and cut down on the weight,and current draw,and BANG!! My opinion of course.Bigger is not always better,and utilize the airspace 2 tens would hit better than 2 15s all day long w a either built box or a simple probox.Thus, only my opinion

Thanks for your advice audiobaun, but when I said

I have 2x 2011 L7 15" 4's

2x 2011 ZX1000.1 amps

2x grilles for the L7's

a Kinetik HC2400
I already 'have' the above equipment.

I have no plans on returning $2000+ worth of parts.

You can see where I replied to bjude1, I said that my primary preference was having the above equipment.

I came here for advice on how to make the equipment I set my mind to, work in the vehicle I want it to.

If it was easy to make work, I wouldn't have come to experts with such profound knowledge as the people in this forum.

Your $.02 is appreciated, and I don't mean to sound like a d***, but well, if your hope was to get your post count up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif mission accomplished. Thank you ma'am/sir.

we have a 07 stang and i ended up with a single dd 3512 in the trunk .i think you can do the 15s but they will have in separate boxes , or build the box in the trunk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.