UGH, sound in pioneer, but not the alt noise. Help :)

ToxicBanana
10+ year member

CA
Ok so I got the regular amp noise for some reason, did everything I was supposed to do to avoid popping the fuse.

So I grounded one of the RCA's and the whizzing stop, however, I cant still hear the alternator in a scratchy clickity sound (rather lower volume then the whizzing), also, with the car engine on or off I can here the Head unit makes a sound between sound sources (CD player, Tuner, Aux) the CD player makes a tik sound about 2-3 click per second, this sound is at the same intensity (generally low) irrelevant to whether or not the rca's are grounded.

My question is, has this happened to anyone before?

It seems like the Head units inner filter system is not working. (not talking about the pico fuse grounding)

What do you guys think?

I will be calling pioneer as soon as they open but I would still like to hear your opinions.

Once you switch the filter mode you have to do a hard reset on the HU, the button is on the front of it.

Also you should ground all of the rca's and then see if your clicking and noises keep up.

Pioneer says its defective and to go return it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

for me i have had bad experiences w/ pioneer. i owned an alpine and a kenwood and so i decided to try something different and get a pioneer. purchased it from crutchfield, it was defective so i returned it, i decided to buy the same one except it was not from authorized retailer and i have problems with it as well, so now i have to return this one for an exchange/repair. I hope they exchange it for a new one so that i can sell it bnib as i just bought a kenwood.

Yeah, I bought it on will call from Sonic electronics, they seemed friendly enough and are going to do a replacement on the unit.

This defective unit has not changed my opinion at all of pioneer, **** happens, I ain't going to stress over one defective unit.

I had a huge amount of noise with my 880. It was fine for a month then all of a sudden i had loads of whine and crackiling. Its just coming back from reapir and tbh i will be selling it as soon as it comes back. Preffered my XXV-01D

Sonic electronics was very nice about their customer service.

The technician is pretty wise, and he doesn't like to replace stuff thats broken due to mal use, and this seems to piss alot of people off, thus giving bad reputation. but for me everything went very well.

i have ordered ALOT of stuff through Sonic and they are always good about taking care of customers and if nessisary, returns.

About the pioneers though, I have been seeing ALOT of stuff about them and noise. I did the same thing you did in my mustang. Took every precaution I could to keep noise out, and I still got some. A lot actualy. but my new system is clean with almost the same equipment, just changed the radio out to a different pioneer.

If you read through the whole noise sticky theres a ton of people in there complaining about there pioneers and many possable fixes directly related to pioneer. Hopefully the new radio just takes care of it for you though. Good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.