TYpe R's still warm

shordmcman
shordmcman

My amp knobs include Phase, Level, Subsonic Filter, Bass EQ, Low Pass, and my bass knob says Boost on it so im assuming its bass boost correct?

no, your knob is a GAIN knob, it adjusts the GAIN not the bass.. keep your bass boost set to the lowest possible.

god i wish amp companies left the bass adjustment off their amps

Whoa i never knew any of this haha thanks for the help and i have a DMM and ive looked up how to do it all and none of it makes sense to me so should i just try the 3/4 volume on HU and set everything flat? and then what? turn up the gain slowly untill i think it clips?

no, your knob is a GAIN knob, it adjusts the GAIN not the bass.. keep your bass boost set to the lowest possible.
god i wish amp companies left the bass adjustment off their amps
That doesnt make sense why would they have a Level knob on the amp then give me a remote knob that turns it up even more??

I have 2 12" type-r's powerd by a Rockford Fosgate T1000.1 BD (1,464 watts rms on birthsheet) and mine don't get warm at all. You definitely don't have it set right. They shouldn't be warm. Never use bass boost. And than set your gain properly using a DMM. But just so you know, that amp is overrated and it really only puts out around 1,000 watts. My brother has his 12" type-R being powered by the same amp as you but only 1 sub. They can handle alot of power.
What's your box specs?
You're in SP? I live in Waunakee. Small world.

Whoa i never knew any of this haha thanks for the help and i have a DMM and ive looked up how to do it all and none of it makes sense to me so should i just try the 3/4 volume on HU and set everything flat? and then what? turn up the gain slowly untill i think it clips?
You do know you wont get the full 1.2kw out of the amp right? Also, you wont know clipping with out an O-Scope. You are listening for distortion. If it distorts you need to back the gains off. As for the 3/4 volume on the HU, its not perfect. I set my gains with my volume on 22. The HU goes to like 30, but I have a 2ch and mono block set at that volume.

That doesnt make sense why would they have a Level knob on the amp then give me a remote knob that turns it up even more??
On the remote, if you turn it up all the way, it will go to the maximum setting that the gain is

Whatever the gain knob is on the amp, the remote cannot go any higher

On the remote, if you turn it up all the way, it will go to the maximum setting that the gain is
Whatever the gain knob is on the amp, the remote cannot go any higher
Oh ok got it..... So what would my bass boost be on my amp?? The Bass EQ? sorry if i sounds extremely stupid right now

Sounds easy enough.. so i turn every single knob to 0? or can i keep em all where they are at?
set your gain and bass boost at zero then turn your gain up from there. the other knobs should be set according to what your box is tuned to there just filters that block out frequencies. all bass boost does is boost a certain frequency which is 40hz for the hifonics amps and leads to clipping easily.

set your gain and bass boost at zero then turn your gain up from there. the other knobs should be set according to what your box is tuned to there just filters that block out frequencies. all bass boost does is boost a certain frequency which is 40hz for the hifonics amps and leads to clipping easily.
Then i dont know what fck knob is bass boost on my amp.... i thought my remote was cause it says boost but i guess not..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.