Best 15" sub/subs under $300.

dannthemann
10+ year member

I'm looking at spending $300 on either one 15" sub, or a pair of 15's. I will be running it/them off an audioque 1200d. I am thinking either 2 RE SRX 15's ($250), one Audioque HDC315 ($310) or two Orion XTRPRO 15's ($300) All prices include shipping. I have also emailed Rusty at DC to see what he could offer in this price range. I will build the box to whatever the right size is. It is going in a Suburban, so box size is not a huge issue, but I would like to stay as small as possible. I want it to be loud, but also sound good. I mostly listen to Rap music. I know $300 is not much to work with, but any help would be great.

I saw the BP option, but I'm not sure what that is?

Bp Power - This option adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack. All of these features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application. 

Bp Power - This option adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack. All of these features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application. 

I've never heard of Ascendant Audio, but I'm checking them out now. Does that sub really weigh 70 pounds? Any pics?
yea its a beast. Same motor as the old 3 slug btl.

f28845cd.jpg

33883670.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.