Type R vs. Crossfire BMF vs. Audiobahn ALUM12N vs Kicker CVR

I think half of mattfs posts are the simple word "search"
Its cause people ask the same damn question every fifteen minutes and if they would search they would find the answer.

Well thanks for all the replies. And yes i have done a search but nothing came up comparing these four different subs. I really dont know what sub to go with. I want something thats going to hit the hardest and be the loudest. I want to be able to turn it up without worrying about the subs blowing. I know that has to do with how much power i am going to run but its not going to be anymore then what the subs are rated at. I want people to hear me coming but at the same time i dont want to be distorting the sub.

Well thanks for all the replies. And yes i have done a search but nothing came up comparing these four different subs. I really dont know what sub to go with. I want something thats going to hit the hardest and be the loudest. I want to be able to turn it up without worrying about the subs blowing. I know that has to do with how much power i am going to run but its not going to be anymore then what the subs are rated at. I want people to hear me coming but at the same time i dont want to be distorting the sub.
yeahhhh,

i doubt theres gonna be much threads comparing 06 xxx to solox to tsw5102spl to 13w7's either...

its "ok" to search each item separately and make up your mind on what each item has been said about...

to avoid distortion, make sure you have a good amp and not one thats under powering the sub and trying to turn the gain up to compensate for it...

if you want power handling, the type r should be fine...only thing i have against the cvr is it's attempt to be too daym flashy...but thats imo...otherwise its a good pick as well...

I've only heard the Bahn and Cvr both in the same car on the same amp. Bahn was better all around in a 1.25 sealed box. The Aluminum is one of the very few good subs that Bahn makes. Bahns can run strong along time just like any sub if you know what you are doing. I live in Bahn county, and to my astonishment despite what I've heard on the internet, people aren't always blowing Bahns up. Most of the time, people give them at least rated or more, and they don't fry. Yeah, they may be blingy, but just like any sub, if put in the right box with the right amount of power, they can sound just as good and be just as loud as alot of more expensive drivers.

I can only think of 3 differen't subs that Bahn makes that I would consider toying with... and they have alot of subs, but only 3 are worthwhile IMO.

in my oppion bahn are not horrible but their far from great

they sound nasty true, but they get loud for the money

i have a bahn and it does kinda ****, but i only gave like 50dollars for 2.

its at its rated power, in a 1.5cf sealed box

Now, I'm not sure, but I don't think the Alum Bahn series has changed any specs since it came out. These other subs, I believe have changed. Apples and oranges? Anyways, for about 95$ a sub, a 12 inch AW1200 which is almost the same sub as the Alum 12 except for the cone, and the surround, beats everything else I have heard in that price range in overall loudness, efficiency and sq.

Between the two that I have heard and worked with, I would take the Bahn no questions asked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.