TC Sounds TC-3000 Thread

kicker06
10+ year member

Umm, I don't pay for food
After Searching, I have found that there only are a limited number of threads on this subwoofer and any one the Standard series drivers, so I decided to make this thread.

I would like to learn about this woofer and the other in it's line and hear what you have to say about them. I am looking at buying a 12" TC-3000 and want to know what everyone thinks.

Add pictures and everything and anything you want to add about the driver. Comments, pictures, whatever is welcome.

Ill Add some things to get this thread started:

threesome.jpg

• Triple stacked ¾" tall ferrite magnets

• 250oz motor structure

• xmax of 30mm (one way linear travel)

• Dual (10"/8.5") poly-cotton spiders with intergraded woven leads (12",15"/10")

• Extra spacing in-between spiders for lateral stability

• Extra clearance under the suspension for dynamic high excursions

• Detachable cast aluminum basket with high gloss power coating

• 3" diameter, quad 1.4Ω/dual 3Ω aluminum voice coils with eight total layers (12",15"/10")

• 1000 watts sustained (3000 watts dynamic)

• High quality thermal flexible epoxies to ensure longevity

• Rigid lightweight brushed aluminum cone

• Vented flared pole piece

• Copper shorting ring

• Tall durable rubber surround allows for extreme excursion

• Optional competition package for even higher sensitivity and output.

• Dressed in a rubber magnet boot and gasket

• Hand built in our San Diego, CA factory

12" TC-3000 QVC

------------------------

Qts 0.303

Qes 0.325

Qms 4.38

Fs 24hz

Res 5.6Ω

Ls 8.85mH

Lp 19.25mH

Rp 25.95Ω

Dia 254mm

Vas 50.40l

mms 301g

cms 140mm/N

bl 29T*m

Spl 86.0dB

Again, I made this thread because I want to know everything I can about this Driver and I think this is a good way of doing it.

you know TC has a forum
Yea, I've been to it. But this forum has a lot more people, which in turn, is a lot more opinions and what not....so..why not?

Also, the ONE thing I dislike about this sub you can wire it down to 1ohm.

QVC 1.4ohm and DVC 3ohm are the configs. The lowest impendences of both are 0.37ohms(QVC) and 1.4ohms(DVC)

I wish you could wire it to 0.7-1ohm =(

I always wonder about the SQ of this sub....no one really has given any decent review about it's sound quality in a sealed enclosure.

I have the 12" TC3000, sounds awesome in a sealed enclosure. Gobbles up the power though, expect to feed it somewhere around ~2500 RMS for optimum performance.

In a small sealed enclosure, the sound is very clean. It is a tight sounding sub, hits the lows well, and sounds clean doing it. Basically all you can ask for in a sub. Like I said though, it loves teh power, so make sure you have plenty of power on hand for it. Wired to 1.4 ohms, my Brutus 1500D simply doesn't do it justice.

Right now I'm not using the +5dB at 30Hz equalization that TC recommends, because I feel it sounds much cleaner without it. Maybe I simply don't have enough power to provide such a low end boost.

Hmm, will it sound good in a ported enclosure as well?

Do you have any pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I also have a 1500d, hoping to upgrade in a while.

What kind of numbers do you think you are putting up?

As far as a ported enclosure, I'm sure it would sound great in an enclosure specifically designed for it. For people like us with "smaller" amps, a ported enclosure would be much better since they are quite a bit more efficient. The thing is though, I only see specs on the TC site for aeroports and not slot ports. I would want to make a slot ported box for it.

These just arrived Friday... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Sealed box being built.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.