Type R Thread (Please don't lynch me just help me out)

amp roach
10+ year member

I currently am running a 12" Type R on 600w RMS at 2.1cubes @ 34hz. It gets plenty loud for me but can be sloppy at times as I listen to all kinds of music. I would like to run 2 10s (Type R) in a sealed box on either a PDX1000 or an M1000. I need someone with experience with the Type R to tell me if the 10s will get close to how loud my 12 is. If they are about the same volume but much cleaner and punchier, SIGN ME UP. That's exactly what I want, very punchy bass. However, if I will lose a very significant amount of volume by going sealed I really am not interested.

lynching3_1_-298x410.jpg

Lol type r's will always sound sloppy. they are trash. They are just an inexpensive entry level sub that won't do over rated. if you think they do... you have impedance rise that is saving you from cooking your coils.

What are you talking about? I ran 1500k daily for years on a 15. Two tens in a ported box would be pretty nice. But you could also look at a better driver all together (ten inch) that will like that amp and also make sure its in a proper enclosure.

Lol type r's will always sound sloppy. they are trash. They are just an inexpensive entry level sub that won't do over rated. if you think they do... you have impedance rise that is saving you from cooking your coils.
I am running 750 rms to 2 12" 4ohm type rs...and they take it like champs...still sound perfect AND it is for sure at 1 ohm. Type Rs are by far the best budget sub...well Kicker and the Type Rs are the 2 best...think kicker might be a bit better though. But yea anyways dont say something about something when its complete bull **** yo.

I am running 750 rms to 2 12" 4ohm type rs...and they take it like champs...still sound perfect AND it is for sure at 1 ohm. Type Rs are by far the best budget sub...well Kicker and the Type Rs are the 2 best...think kicker might be a bit better though. But yea anyways dont say something about something when its complete bull **** yo.
Oh it's for sure at 1 ohm? Have you clamped it? I'm going to guess you haven't. If you think they sound great then you don't know what accurate sound is. They are junk. They have 2" coils and no magical cooling. This means they can't dissipate heat as effectively as a longer coil and a sub with extensive cooling. The soft parts make it sound like total garbage even in great boxes.

What frequencies is it playing sloppy at?
Tuning that low is meh.
You have fart box tuning and your quiet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Shhhhh. Im trying to hear your truck. Lulz.

Just kidding = )

You have fart box tuning and your quiet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Shhhhh. Im trying to hear your truck. Lulz.

Just kidding = )
megalulz

Come listen to it now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.